[Feature request] Comic viewer mode
Since there's already a request for PDF, I'd like to add a request for comic reading support for cbr/cbz files. For those who don't know these file types, they're basically renamed rar/zip files with jpgs inside. So really, all that is needed is to extend the picture viewer with archive support and some more advanced paging features. The classic program for Windows, "CDisplay" did everything right with 2 page display modes, good zoom modes (zoom to width/zoom to height in single or double page mode), a manga mode to support right-to-left advancement and some controls for de-yellowing.

IMHO, no huge amount of scraping needs to be done if the users has organized his collection with good file or folder names.

Thanks for considering this!
We already support CBR and CBZ files.
I'm... it's... but...
Great!

Edit: Ok, just tested it. Viewing is no problem indeed, but the special navigation and zoom features as outlined in the first post are sorely needed. Two page viewing on the TV-flatscreen ist a must! This should probably enabled by default depending on the cbr/cbz-extensions.
(2013-01-21, 17:38)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'm... it's... but...
Great!

Edit: Ok, just tested it. Viewing is no problem indeed, but the special navigation and zoom features as outlined in the first post are sorely needed. Two page viewing on the TV-flatscreen ist a must! This should probably enabled by default depending on the cbr/cbz-extensions.

Sorry to revive this dead thread but an option to lock the zoom level we select from one page to another is really needed for comic read.

Right now to read a comic in Kodi/Isengard we need to select the appropriate zoom level to fit the pages to the screen width for our personal one or two pages reading preferences...and repeat this process for ALL the pages of the comic at each page change.

If a comic has 50 pages we need to repeat it 50 times, in the case of a comic like Maus we need to do it 289 times!

Please add a lock zoom option for pictures like we have for video/movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature request] Comic viewer mode1