• 4(current)
WIP Celestium
How much better can you get?! Found your previous work to already be excellent and now you raise the bar again.
Interesting concept i do like the movies/by titles tabs. I think this makes it easier for people who are not familiar with xbmc to navigate.
I hope there will be more colors then purple as it is not really my taste.

I will follow this project.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Movie info mockup, some colors aren't final but the main work is done:

FULL SIZE
I really like how you made the caps and detail-infos.

But from my point of view, the texts like 'PLAY','CAST' and so on look a little bit strange.. Maybe it is because the plate gives the screen depth, but the text which is somehow standing on that plate seems flat. I would suggest to move the selected items text a little bit lower and give it some kind of soft faked drop-shadow (:
(2013-02-06, 17:35)Suven Wrote: I really like how you made the caps and detail-infos.

But from my point of view, the texts like 'PLAY','CAST' and so on look a little bit strange.. Maybe it is because the plate gives the screen depth, but the text which is somehow standing on that plate seems flat. I would suggest to move the selected items text a little bit lower and give it some kind of soft faked drop-shadow (:

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I actually thought about the same thing, I'll have to play with the idea however, because the shadows wouldn't line up exactly with other languages. I'll see about creating something generic though, to atleast give it more of the appearance that its not floating.

Today was a crap day at work, so nothing constructive done design wise on the skin. Hopefully Hitcher was able to make a little headway on the code though. Nod
Crap day for me also, so no coding. Sad
the skin looks good i will add it to my skinx skin db on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skin-x/438985486133562
(2013-02-07, 04:07)Arcanthur Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 17:35)Suven Wrote: I really like how you made the caps and detail-infos.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I actually thought about the same thing, I'll have to play with the idea however, because the shadows wouldn't line up exactly with other languages. I'll see about creating something generic though, to atleast give it more of the appearance that its not floating.

Today was a crap day at work, so nothing constructive done design wise on the skin. Hopefully Hitcher was able to make a little headway on the code though. Nod

another option could be to leave the text as it is and change the selector to look like it is engraved in the background, (like the zone around "released" in the Details but without text, and just under the text).
I hope you could understand my crappy english... :-D
Episode View:

FULL SIZE
(obviously the 34shows will show # of episodes in the final version)
Just my2c of course, but it seems to me like the tabs should go from left to right, instead of right to left as they do now.
the episode view looks amazing! Love how you show the episode length beneath each.

great job!
My HTPC A8-5400k APU, Asrock FM2A75-PRO4-M, 4GB Kingston HyperX, Samsung 830 64GB SSD, 4TB HDD Storage, Hauppage HVR-2200 Tuner, Silverstone LC-16M Case.
(2013-02-18, 08:06)nimrod77 Wrote: Just my2c of course, but it seems to me like the tabs should go from left to right, instead of right to left as they do now.
the episode view looks amazing! Love how you show the episode length beneath each.

great job!

I think that the order of the tabs is fine as it is (on the x-axis). From left to right, as you read.. and on the right side is the newest entry.

The only thing I would do different is the order on the z-axis. The current shown panel is the panel for season 1 right? So the season-1-tab should be the one with the 'active-state', but it looks like TV-Shows is highlighted.

Edit:\ The difference to previous screenshot is the action the tabs represent. On previous screenshots the tabs were there to give you options on the sorting and etc. In this screenshot the tabs became some kind of breadcrumbs.
The tabs/breadcrumbs will function a little different depending on what section you're in.

When in Movies, the second "tab" is selectable, so you can quickly navigate through titles, genres, sets, actors, etc.
When in other sections they act as breadcrumbs with only the first tab being selectable, to also quickly navigate to other sections, ie Movies, TV, Music, etc

Think of the first tab as showing your section, and the others as where you are in that section. The movie library works a little different so that's why the different behavior.
Here's the tabs in action -

watch gallery
You're using pieh's branch with auto-sized buttons, right?
Nope, all Frodo. Wink
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Celestium14