When doing a single single file library import GUI basically locks up for quite some
Problem: when doing a single single file library import GUI basically locks up for quite some time (~5 minutes), suddenly starts to somewhat respond again showing progress bar. Then locks up again for long time and occasionally updates the progress bar a bit. But during this time you will get an "XBMC not responding" feeling on windows. This is also reported on the forum and imo something that needs to be looked at what is happening.

Solution: get some one well known to this area to look at it. Take it off the GUI thread so GUI at least stays responsive.
from jm:

This is actually due to the time to read/parse the XML. i.e. the first thing that happens is we load the XML, log, throw up dialog. The log will be after that 5 minutes. I'm not sure yet where the XML reading is slow (reading, parsing, some of the remapping we do for system tiny?) but I suspect the latter. Yes, it could be done off-thread, but fixing the slow XML reading should take priority as that will basically take care of the problem here and elsewhere.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Relevant ticket
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13818
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When doing a single single file library import GUI basically locks up for quite some 0