DLNA
Does any body know if there is a way to get XBMC to ouput video over a LAN system to DLNA certified TV's and Other devices? If so, how do you do it? I wish to use XBMC to manage and display my large library of movies and vidos on my Home Theater system and othyer TV's within my home.
I have XBMC running on my htpc in the lounge. My sis in law has an mk808 attached to her bedroom TV and I have a cheap netbook hooked to my bedroom TV.

All the media files are on the htpc.

Netbook has XBMC installed on it.

From my Nexus 7 I use Media House Pro as a controller - I can direct the htpc to play my TV shows or movies to my netbook, tablet etc.

Probably not the best set up - its a week old but I'm happy while working on learning it :-) :-)
Thanks for the info. So your system works because you are sending media from one computer to another to display on a remote TV?
(2013-01-24, 22:05)tlepird Wrote: Does any body know if there is a way to get XBMC to ouput video over a LAN system to DLNA certified TV's and Other devices? If so, how do you do it? I wish to use XBMC to manage and display my large library of movies and vidos on my Home Theater system and othyer TV's within my home.

Turn on upnp in xbmc and pray that your tvs will recognise your video files. Dlna/upnp is very hit and miss.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For me it works - we can watch shows in the lounge while sis in law watches her shows in her room from the server as well. Or Mrs watches her shows in the lounge while I watch Top Gear in the bedroom :-)
A "Play to"/"push" feature that will work with UPnP A/V and DLNA targets is planned for v13ish.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA0