[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
(2013-02-01, 12:01)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 11:43)trentf Wrote: MilhouseVH, are you storing multiple movies in the same set folder? ie All alien anthology movies under a single alien anthology folder?

Yes, all Alien movies are in the same "Alien Anthology" folder. I would suspect a lot of people have it this way.

(2013-02-01, 11:43)trentf Wrote: You might want to use an artwork folder instead if that is the case.

Rather than change my library, would it be possible for the add-on to respect the "set" tag? If necessary with a third search method "Scan using set folders" (or similar) as an alternative to "common parent" (which isn't now clear to me as I assumed this is what I had) and "single artwork folder".

All my nfo's have the <set> tag and so the database can tell you where the sets are - you don't need to infer it from common parents. So, if you look in the sets database table you can determine which folders are set folders, scan each folder for folder.jpg/fanart.jpg and then update the set with the new artwork.

1. Query sets
Code:
select *
from sets s join art a on (s.idSet = a.media_id)
where a.media_type='set' and a.type in ('fanart', 'poster')

then for each set...

2. Skip the set if "poster" is already set to "folder.jpg", and "fanart" set to "fanart.jpg"

3. Look in filesystem folder for the set to see if folder.jpg and fanart.jpg exist, and apply them to the set if so.

The script is already "respecting" the set tag, that is how it works now when searching the movie table (your log shows it found the movies, just not the artwork). From reading threads on people requesting this movie set feature, only the common parent or single folder methods were described/requested, so that's what I implemented. Personally I use separate folders per movie and the common parent approach, as artwork stored that way then works in both Video and Movie views of XBMC.

FYI that query will give you the list of sets and current artwork folders, but that may not be enough if the artwork is currently assigned to something else and you want it to use what is in your set folder. So what I do is search the locations of the movies themselves that make up the set.

I could add that 3rd option or perhaps just add a check to common folder mode that if all the paths of movies within the set are the same, use that folder instead of the parent. Would that be preferable?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator - by trentf - 2013-02-01, 12:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6