[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
(2014-08-21, 00:11)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 20:40)PhilipW Wrote: I'm not getting my movie set artwork to show up in XBMC.

Gotham / Aeon Nox 5 / Movie Set Artwork Automator

Using TMM to manage the collection.

File structure looks like this example from original post:

Example using single artwork folder
\Blu-ray\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien Anthology-folder.jpg

Automator is configured:

Enable single artwork folder for all sets
Path to single artwork folder is specified \movies.bluray\movieset artwork
Filenames are set to default (folder.jpg and fanart.jpg)

I don't know if it's set up correctly, or if I need to somehow refresh the database, or it's something else.

While I don't have my artwork in a separate folder than each set, I'm thinking that maybe your naming convention should be like this:
Example using single artwork folder
\Blu-ray\Alien\Alien (1979) [BDRip] [1080p] [q18] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Aliens\Aliens (1986) [BDRip] [1080p] [q20] [FLAC].mkv
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Aliens-fanart.jpg
\Blu-ray\Artwork\Alien-folder.jpg

This is because your set/collection folder name is "Aliens", not "Alien Anthology".

If this is the case, then you can run TextureCashe utility from MilhouseVH to update your artwork.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373

Run "./texturecache,py C sets" to force all movie set related artwork to be re-cached (posters, fanart, logos etc.). Add the partial name of a set to re-cache just the matching sets, eg. "./texturecache,py C sets potter" to re-cache just your Harry Potter set.

If the fanart for a set isn't showing up one of these:
- Highlight the set and press the "I" Info button and Backspace to force a refresh
- Go into "Movie Sets" and press DELETE button on the set. A spinner will appear, artwork will appear in few seconds, but set will not be deleted.
- Make sure the fanart and poster are jpg, not png, jpeg or any other format
- If you create a jpg with a transparent background it won't be recognized, therefore you have to modify it by giving the background a color.
- Check the file permissions
- Make sure the Read-only or Hidden file attributes are not checked
- Make sure within the file attribute window that there isn't a Security Block:
"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer."
- Run "texturecache.py C sets" to recache
- Run "texturecache.py jd sets > LogFilePathAndNameHere" to see what artwork is being used for the set
- Even though MSAA is supposed to drill down and use fanart and poster from a movie in the set, if none exist for the set itself, sometimes you must have actual artwork for the actual set.

Thanks Ken. I had been pointed to the texturecache from millhouse and was reading through it. I'll give this a try this morning. That aliens example was from the original post of this thread, I copied it. I didn't notice his example didn't match, but my folders and names do match.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator - by PhilipW - 2014-08-21, 13:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6