Netgear wna1100, how to get it working?
Hi

I have as written in the topic, a WNA1100. When the PI tried to boot the first time, I tried without the wired network,
and it found the unit, as far as I know. But it stopped there and could not start the network management or something.
It waited for 8 and 8 seconds. Did not get any further.
I just plugged in the cable and it works now, but no WIFI. Evan that it found the unit.

I found the PRi Verified Peripherals site, and it is there, but this is what it says:
N150: Reported as WNA1100 device, uses the Atheros ar9271 chipset. On Debian, requires the firmware-atheros package from the Squeeze-backports non-free repository (!)
For my knowledge it says I have to pay for the driver/firmware. If so, how? And will it then work?

I can`t reproduce the 8 second wait, without start the install from scratch, I will if that is necessary.

I use RaspBMC, the latest from there website.

Hope for little help.. :-)
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Try this first
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Driver...for_AR7010

Then unplug and plug back the dongle. If it still not working try update the firmware from the same link.
Now I feel a little bit silly. I don`t understand how I could add this line that is mentioned on that page.
I believe you just need to update the firmware. If you are not sure what to do just wait for the finial release which should contain the updated firmware.
Thanks, everything works after the last update

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netgear wna1100, how to get it working?0