Can't seem to remove non-existent Genres from music library
Thx- I know for sure there are no multiple genre entries. plus I stripped the ID tags off the file in question completely, saved, then re-added tags manually. the "unknown" stays in the genre list even though there is nothing to link it to. So I'm guessing that I am the only one reporting this issue, and no one else is observing this type of anomaly with large libraries? I'm not able to check db and do file compares, that's outside of my realm.

As an A-B test using itunes to view the shared library (QNAP has an emulated itunes server on it), the genres all updated correctly and deleted correctly- and now after this last bit of testing the genre list in XBMC is al messed up with old genres again. Deleting the source, library and re-adding it is the only way I have found to sync it back up. . but I dont have to mention how pathetically horrible itunes is, and that is not even an option as a central library system..

Outside of DB checking, anything esle I can do to help flush this out as a possible bug? Other than this and the oddness with 'artist' view not finding some of the associated files to play, XBMC is stellar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't seem to remove non-existent Genres from music library - by kurtlewis - 2013-01-31, 00:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't seem to remove non-existent Genres from music library0