Bug No title information for some flac-files
Hello,

I have already discussed this issue in another forum (XBMC nerds, it is in german), but there we found no solution for my problem.
I archived all my music cds in flac-format always with same software, configuration and so. But with some files I have some trouble. If I want to get the title information in the file browser in XBMC they are empty respectively XBMC does not show them. Because when I look e.g. with Mp3Tag at that files everything seemsto be correct. This files are also not inserted into database of XBMC.
Maybe you have any idea what is the problem. In the other forum they advised me to rename my files and so on but nothing helped.
If you want you can download a test-flac-file, which does not work from here: http://www.digiwis.de/flac-test/flac.zip (approx. 6 MB). And I use XBMC in version 11.0

Thanks a lot for your help!
Seems to work using Frodo RC3 - although the artist name is Jim Reevers in the file, not Jim Reeves.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
I notice your file has both ID3v2 and FLAC (vorbis comment) tags in it. Don't know what XBMC tag reader does with this, but it seems kind of non-standard?

scott s.
Great, with Frodo RC3 everything works fine. At the other forum they told that the flac-files must contain an ID3-tag, otherwise XBMC is not able to read any information. Is it wrong? I created the files with EAC. It can create both tags, flac-container and ID3-tags.
It's completely wrong. FLAC files should never have ID3 tags in them. They use vorbis tags (which is probably "flac-container" in EAC).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Never had any problem with just FLAC tags in Eden or Frodo. I actually prefer FLAC because of multi-value field handling (for example genre-TCON in ID3 can give problems).

scott s.
If I use Frodo everything works fine. Therefore I do not have to delete all ID3 tags, or? What does XBMC reads? The ID3 tag or the vorbis tag? Why is it such a problem if a flac-file contains both of them?
But most interesting question for me is why Eden has problems with some files and with oder not? They all contains an ID3 and a vorbis tag.
(2013-01-30, 23:45)Szdnez Wrote: If I use Frodo everything works fine. Therefore I do not have to delete all ID3 tags, or? What does XBMC reads? The ID3 tag or the vorbis tag? Why is it such a problem if a flac-file contains both of them?
But most interesting question for me is why Eden has problems with some files and with oder not? They all contains an ID3 and a vorbis tag.

I think poster "jmarshall" is the dev for this, and a lot of work has been done on it for Frodo.

scott s.
They'll be different - you might not know why just by looking at tags.

The reason ID3 tags are invalid in FLAC tags is that they're not allowed by the FLAC standard. Some apps don't give a shit about standards, but it means everyone else then has to attempt to deal with essentially broken files.

You aren't forced to change anything, as XBMC uses taglib which has attempted to deal with these essentially broken files. Obviously it's slightly better at it than XBMC Eden was.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks a lot or your help. Although it works in Frodo I will remove all ID3 tags. So everything is fine and I will not get in trouble with other software in future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No title information for some flac-files0