Upgrading from XBMCbuntu Frodo RC3 to final release
Last week I upgraded from Dharma to XBMCbuntu Frodo RC3 by doing a clean install but now I'd like to upgrade to Frodo final release.

Is it as simple as logging into XBMCbuntu and running the following?
Code:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge python-software-properties pkg-config
sudo ppa-purge ppa:whatever-ppa-you-have-now
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa
apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
What is the repository I would have to purge in the steps above?

Do you suggest that I need to updater the Ubuntu OS too?
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

But that will leave you on the unstable PPA, meaning you will get monthly builds of xbmc 13.

How to switch from Xbmc unstable PPA (used in Xbmcbuntu Beta/RC releases) to stable PPA:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin
Thanks wsnipex. I'll give that a go.
Will you let us know how these steps worked out xbmc_on_revo? Im also looking to upgrade to the final release.
(2013-01-30, 13:46)Sajk Wrote: Will you let us know how these steps worked out xbmc_on_revo? Im also looking to upgrade to the final release.

Yes it works. Upgrade went smoothly.
Would these steps work on a XBMC Live install (Originally Camelot) that was upgraded to Dharma, then To Eden, via apt-get install xbmc?
Should do, but your base OS must be getting pretty old!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think the XBMC dvd kit remote does not work on the new LIRC, and was the reason I stayed in XBMC live to being with.

Is there a problem with my os base getting old? Tongue
If it works that is fine, the supporting libraries and kernel/drivers may leave you behind.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I found this: http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmc-9-11-liv...ntu-10-04/ - I might give it a try before going for Frodo then, just scared it might be outdated.. and I also have to check first this lirc problem with the dvd kit remote for xbox1. XBMC without a remote is sad days Sad Thanks.

EDIT: apparently remote not going well on frodo so far.. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150924

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading from XBMCbuntu Frodo RC3 to final release0