Win A few issues with my frodo upgrade
Hi,
The new frodo looks a lot smoother and faster but I have a few teething problems - have fixed a few by reading on this forum and having a play around myself however the following problems are persisiting. I use a MySQL database for my library - I'm hoping to not need to recreate this.

1. TV shows are appearing 3 times and films are appearing twice in the library, have tried cleaning library but cannot remove the duplicates

2. Can't get my music to appear in the library - I can see it in file mode and the sources are present but can't get them to scan to the library. In my log file I am getting
22:21:40 T:4752 ERROR: CMusicDatabase::GetArtistsByAlbum(-1) failed
22:21:40 T:4752 ERROR: CMusicDatabase::HasAlbumInfo(2147483647) failed
22:21:41 T:4752 ERROR: CMusicDatabase::GetArtistsBySong(-1) failed
22:21:41 T:4752 ERROR: Previous line repeats 11 times.

3. The artwork isnt showing in my tv library but the files are in the folders as banner.jpg etc. Could this be a skin issue?

4. Has the widget for lastest movies (vpl) gone? I liked this as I split my movies into playlists for stand up, animation, movies etc... and wanted the widget to show what is new in that category.

Thanks for this update though - it looks impressive so far!
1. The duplicates are caused by multiple (subtly different) paths in your database. Find them using mysql and get rid of them:

select * from strPath where strContent != '';

2. Debug Log (turn on debugging) will tell you your music database is corrutp most likely - just drop the latest to go back to your Eden db (assuming that is not corrupt) and next run XBMC will update it again.

3. Fix 1 and 2 first and this may well fix itself. Use Confluence until you get them sorted.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply, I have sorted 2 by dropping all music databases and rescanning them in, took a while but it wasnt an issue as I had nothing to lose by doing it this way. Would prefer not to do the same for my videos due to the watched status.

I have read on other threads about select * from strPath where strContent != ''; being a command to run - could you provide more information on this and if possible a step by step quide as im a newbie to mysql.

One other thing I have noticed is that I have an audio stutter occasionally when listening to music and on some video files after about 15 minutes into them - would the debug log help with this too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few issues with my frodo upgrade0