• 12(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2013-05-13, 21:27)ronie Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 03:41)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: I only get a black screen with this one. Here is the part of the log with it started. Not sure what is hanging.

J_K_M_A_N

thanx! should be fixed now:
screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.1.4.zip

As usual, you are the man! Works perfectly. I was getting somewhat close....kinda...Thanks for making it work. The wife says thanks also. This is her favorite thing in XBMC.

J_K_M_A_N
No they are not random as there is no random option we can only select either:
Pan and zoom
Crossfade
or
Slide

Found a bug:

When using a custom image folder it will sometimes use images from fanart that is not in your custom image folder. For example I saw fanart from one of my movies when the folder was set to custom and that folder does not contain the image which was displayed by the screensaver.
(2013-05-14, 01:21)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: No they are not random as there is no random option we can only select either:
Pan and zoom
Crossfade
or
Slide

ah, well.. the pan/zoom animations are random. that's what i meant :-)
(2013-05-14, 01:21)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: Found a bug:

When using a custom image folder it will sometimes use images from fanart that is not in your custom image folder. For example I saw fanart from one of my movies when the folder was set to custom and that folder does not contain the image which was displayed by the screensaver.

no idea really. it would seems impossible to me, but hey, i've been wrong before ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
the solution was to disable image cach option. I think the code needs to be set to clear the cach when the source is changed.
I have a problem that, when exiting the screensaver, my systems hangs completely. I have to reboot to have access again...

I use an openelec ion build...
(2013-05-16, 18:40)iAmRenzo Wrote: I have a problem that, when exiting the screensaver, my systems hangs completely. I have to reboot to have access again...

I use an openelec ion build...

99.9% chance it's a xbmc issue, so you're knocking on the wrong door ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well does the issue occur with other screensavers or just this one? That would be one way to find out...
(2013-05-18, 02:23)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: Well does the issue occur with other screensavers or just this one? That would be one way to find out...

It's only this screensaver... so I'm guessing this is the right door. But I'm not sure! Smile
(2013-05-13, 21:16)ronie Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 21:13)rvan Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 22:16)ronie Wrote: cheers, i could reproduce it.
looks like it's a bug in xbmc.

i've made a ticket for the issue:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14051

I'm sorry to back track and technically this isn't even a problem with the screensaver but I looked at the ticket and I'm still unsure if there is a resolution for this issue.
To reiterate: When selecting a mapped drive to my NAS (qnap) the imagefolder will fail and fanart will be used. I love xbmc and the screensaver plug in. If anyone has found a work around please let me know.

the issue should be fixed in xbmc frodo 12.2

It ain't fixed in 12.2. I'm running 12.2 on Ubuntu. I still have this problem. I have my slideshow pics stored on my FreeNAS unit with a path of smb://192.168.3.127/photos/keepers. About 80% of the time, the slideshow uses the image folder as the slideshow source. The rest of the time, it uses fanart. This is driving me crazy. I've seen statements that placing blame on the slideshow addin and on xbmc itself (more likely the latter). No matter what, this needs to get resolved. If I try to play a movie (all of which are stored on the same FreeNAS box), it waits long enough to get a response from the NAS. In other words, it never "times out" waiting on the NAS to wake up and deliver a movie. Just guessing, but it seems that it is less patient waiting on the NAS to deliver photos for the screen saver (which is strange, since XBMC caches, or is supposed to cache, them locally anyway). It would seem a simple solution just to increase the timeout tolerance for retrieving photos for the slideshow.
(2013-05-19, 14:41)soonerlater Wrote: It ain't fixed in 12.2.
yes it is.
(2013-05-19, 14:41)soonerlater Wrote: I'm running 12.2 on Ubuntu. I still have this problem. I have my slideshow pics stored on my FreeNAS unit with a path of smb://192.168.3.127/photos/keepers. About 80% of the time, the slideshow uses the image folder as the slideshow source. The rest of the time, it uses fanart. This is driving me crazy. I've seen statements that placing blame on the slideshow addin and on xbmc itself (more likely the latter). No matter what, this needs to get resolved. If I try to play a movie (all of which are stored on the same FreeNAS box), it waits long enough to get a response from the NAS. In other words, it never "times out" waiting on the NAS to wake up and deliver a movie. Just guessing, but it seems that it is less patient waiting on the NAS to deliver photos for the screen saver (which is strange, since XBMC caches, or is supposed to cache, them locally anyway). It would seem a simple solution just to increase the timeout tolerance for retrieving photos for the slideshow.

you can specify the timeout in your advanced settings file.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...3Csamba.3E
Hi,
I was noticing that my CPU usage was really high 90-100% while my machine was just playing this Slideshow screensaver.
I changed the Vertical Blank Sync setting from 'Enabled during video playback' to 'Always enabled' and it reduced my CPU usage significantly!

Now the CPU usage is about 10% while playing the Slideshow Screensaver. Just thought I would post for anyone else that may be experiencing this.
(2013-05-20, 18:18)ronie Wrote:
yes it is.

I was also having the same problem after 12.2 (using windows 7) but I didn't post because I didn't want to be a pain.
(2013-05-20, 18:18)ronie Wrote:
yes it is.
(2013-05-19, 14:41)soonerlater Wrote: I'm running 12.2 on Ubuntu. I still have this problem. I have my slideshow pics stored on my FreeNAS unit with a path of smb://192.168.3.127/photos/keepers. About 80% of the time, the slideshow uses the image folder as the slideshow source. The rest of the time, it uses fanart. This is driving me crazy. I've seen statements that placing blame on the slideshow addin and on xbmc itself (more likely the latter). No matter what, this needs to get resolved. If I try to play a movie (all of which are stored on the same FreeNAS box), it waits long enough to get a response from the NAS. In other words, it never "times out" waiting on the NAS to wake up and deliver a movie. Just guessing, but it seems that it is less patient waiting on the NAS to deliver photos for the screen saver (which is strange, since XBMC caches, or is supposed to cache, them locally anyway). It would seem a simple solution just to increase the timeout tolerance for retrieving photos for the slideshow.

Thanks for the link, but I don't think this:

3.16 <samba>
<samba>
<doscodepage></doscodepage> <!-- code page to use for filenames -->
<clienttimeout>10</clienttimeout> <!-- timeout (in seconds) -->
<statfiles>true</statfiles> <!-- Set to false to disable smb stat() on files to speed up listings of large directories (over slow links) -->
</samba>

is a fix for the slideshow problem. This changes your timeout value for EVERY file that you access via Samba. If this was set with too small of a value, then my movies would sometimes timeout and not load -- but they never do. On other hand, my slideshow (apparently) times out waiting for image files about one third of the the time. Just for grins, I'm going to change this value to see if it fixes my slideshow, but I remain skeptical for the aforementioned reasons.
(2013-05-14, 21:44)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: the solution was to disable image cach option. I think the code needs to be set to clear the cach when the source is changed.

agreed, i'll see if i can make it act like that.
(2013-05-14, 01:21)ZERO Ibis; Wrote: Found a bug:

(2013-05-14, 21:44)ZERO Ibis; Wrote: the solution was to disable image cach option. I think the code needs to be set to clear the cach when the source is changed.

(2013-05-22, 20:01)ronie Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 21:44)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: the solution was to disable image cach option. I think the code needs to be set to clear the cach when the source is changed.

agreed, i'll see if i can make it act like that.

On my system (XBMC 12.2 for Linux running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS), if I disable the cache, then the slideshow never starts (with my selected folder of images or with fan art). This is true even after a reboot. If I allow it to create a cache, then the slideshow runs, but much of the time, it runs using fanart instead of the folder I have selected (smb://192.168.3.127/photos/keepers).

As I have posted previously, the problem of the screensaver using fanart when it should be using a custom folder is NOT fixed in 12.2. It appears to be timing out when the slideshow tries to access the share containing photos. However, it *never* times out when loading a video from the same NAS (smb:/192.168.3.127/video).

It's been suggested on this thread to increase the timeout value, but since that affects the entire installation (not just the slideshow) and since it's not timing out when trying to access video, this suggestion makes no sense to me (but I'm not a programmer).
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4