Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery
Figured out why the Oscars script didn't work for me, when I downloaded your original Oscar playlists it was called Best Picture.xsp, the updated one which I didn't bother with initially is named BestPicture.xsp. Once I replaced it with the new playlist the script works as intended.

Is the IMDB250 script looking for a specifically named playlist? I've edited the Includes and MyVideoNav file but can't get it to work for me.

Dave are you running a repo version of Nox or a git version? If GIT version try my instructions instead for editing the MyVideoNav.xml file.
(2013-04-20, 17:33)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Dave are you running a repo version of Nox or a git version? If GIT version try my instructions instead for editing the MyVideoNav.xml file.

I'm running a git version, I've tried adding that line after 153 but myvideonav.xml looks like this round 153:

Code:
<animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="195" time="640" easing="inout" tween="circle" center="960,970" condition="Control.IsVisible(501) + Skin.HasSetting(showcasezoom)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="170" time="640" easing="inout" tween="circle" center="160,970" condition="Control.IsVisible(52) + Stringcompare(Skin.String(TriPanelPosition),2)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="170" time="640" easing="inout" tween="circle" center="960,970" condition="Control.IsVisible(52) + Stringcompare(Skin.String(TriPanelPosition),1)">Conditional</animation>
                <!--             <animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="170" time="640" easing="inout" tween="circle" center="160,970" condition="Control.IsVisible(50)">Conditional</animation>-->

Can you post the extract of the code where you are inserting the line into?[/php]
Oh yeah, sorry Kokonutcreme. Smile Open the script's default.py file in a text editor and change the playlist path to match your playlist. Or you can rename your playlist to "IMDbTop250.xsp", that's what the script is currently looking for. If I get time, and I can figure it out, I'll try to create a unified script that lets the user select the viewtype files and enter the IDs directly from the XBMC interface.

Dave, scroll down your myvideonav.xml file and look for the list of viewtype includes. Due to the way I darkened the background, I had to put the oscar include at the top of the list, before the list viewtype (id 50). It sounds like it worked for Kokonutcreme placing it after the default TriPanel include. I should probably add some visible conditions to prevent any problems. You'll have to test it and may have to tweak it a bit for your setup. I've only tested this with Nox 4.09, I'm not running git anymore.
Here's an alternate viewtype for the Oscars Best Picture playlist. Just replace the files in my earlier post with the ones here.

I probably should have started a new thread for all of this stuff...sorry for hijacking your thread Deano!
(2013-04-20, 21:54)bryanbrazil Wrote: Here's an alternate viewtype for the Oscars Best Picture playlist. Just replace the files in my earlier post with the ones here.

I probably should have started a new thread for all of this stuff...sorry for hijacking your thread Deano!

Bryan,

Thank you so much! I did all you mention, but in the Top 250 view I do not get the number, votes and playcount on the bottom right, and for your alternate Oscars view, I do not get the oscars logo to show, nor the media flags on the bottom right, and the words "Best Picture" are too large. I have put your font.xml file in the skin 1080i folder, and the "oscars.jpg" in the skin media folder. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bart
(2013-04-20, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote: Bryan,

Thank you so much! I did all you mention, but in the Top 250 view I do not get the number, votes and playcount on the bottom right, and for your alternate Oscars view, I do not get the oscars logo to show, nor the media flags on the bottom right, and the words "Best Picture" are too large. I have put your font.xml file in the skin 1080i folder, and the "oscars.jpg" in the skin media folder. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bart

Oops, forgot to mention that I changed the font sizes in Font.xml as follows:

Code:
<font>
    <name>Font_Oscar</name>
    <filename>MC360.ttf</filename>
    <style>bold</style>
    <size>125</size>
</font>
<font>
    <name>Font_Oscar2</name>
    <style>bold</style>
    <size>40</size>
</font>
<font>
    <name>Font_Oscar3</name>
    <style>bold</style>
    <size>68</size>
</font>

If you want the media flags to show up, you'll need to add the new viewtype id (in this case, 998 and 999) to the Posters_Furniture include in Includes_MediaFlags.xml (do a search for "Poster_Furniture", you will find the visible condition a few lines below). So it should look like this when you're done...

Code:
<visible>[Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(510) | Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(998) | Control.IsVisible(999)] + !Container.Content(files)</visible>
(2013-04-20, 23:30)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 23:22)bsoriano Wrote: Bryan,

Thanks,

Bart

Oops, forgot to mention that I changed the font sizes in Font.xml as follows:

Code:
<font>
    <name>Font_Oscar</name>
    <style>bold</style>
    <size>125</size>
</font>
<font>
    <name>Font_Oscar2</name>
    <style>bold</style>
    <size>40</size>
</font>
<font>
    <name>Font_Oscar3</name>
    <style>bold</style>
    <size>68</size>
</font>

If you want the media flags to show up, you'll need to add the new viewtype id (in this case, 998 and 999) to the Posters_Furniture include in Includes_MediaFlags.xml (do a search for "Poster_Furniture", you will find the visible condition a few lines below). So it should look like this when you're done...

Code:
<visible>[Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(510) | Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(998) | Control.IsVisible(999)] + !Container.Content(files)</visible>

Awesome, thanks Bryan! It works like a charm! I also figured out that in your new oscars view, you changed the name of th jpg to oscars2.jpg.

Regards,

Bart
Oh, yeah I uploaded this right after I was testing a few different images. Thanks for catching that, glad it worked for you.
man you're on fire, many thanks for the info and updated mod Bryan.

EDIT - Bryan what do I need to change for the IMDB view to restore the default visibility settings. I find the backgrounds a little too dim for my personal preference.
(2013-04-21, 00:59)Kokonutcreme Wrote: man you're on fire, many thanks for the info and updated mod Bryan.

EDIT - Bryan what do I need to change for the IMDB view to restore the default visibility settings. I find the backgrounds a little too dim for my personal preference.

Not sure, I can't see that I added anything to that viewtype to change the default background.
Finally got both views working, thanks for the help Bryan and kokonutcreme. This is a great mod, maybe Phil might choose to include it in the repo versionWink

I've just found a great addon that will update the imdb ratings and Top 250 stats:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107331
(2013-04-21, 13:39)bigdave50uk Wrote: Finally got both views working, thanks for the help Bryan and kokonutcreme. This is a great mod, maybe Phil might choose to include it in the repo versionWink

I've just found a great addon that will update the imdb ratings and Top 250 stats:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107331

Thanks for posting the Rating Update script, I'll try it out.

Update: Worked like a charm!
When trying this, im getting this:

Anyone knows what can be the solution here ? :-)
(2013-04-23, 14:08)michelskovbo Wrote: When trying this, im getting this:

Anyone knows what can be the solution here ? :-)

Hmm, no idea how the labels could be showing up twice. I'll try to look into this further when I am back at my computer.
(2013-04-20, 20:24)bryanbrazil Wrote: Due to the way I darkened the background, I had to put the oscar include at the top of the list, before the list viewtype (id 50).

Bryan, is the background darkened with modded code in the myvideonav.xml or in the viewtype.xml for Oscars?

The change has darkened the backgrounds for all viewtypes and I'm trying to figure out how to lighten the backgrounds or have them revert to the default setting.

Backgrounds are fine for the home menu.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery1