network issue whenever XBMC is launched
Hi everyone, I am a new raspberry pi owner and trying to get xbmc set upon it.

I have tried installing all flavours of XBMC (raspbmc,openelec,xbian, xbmc on raspbian) but for some reason whenever my XBMC app boots up, my network lights on the Pi just stop flashing. because of this i cant ssh, cant set up anything.(even the MAC address goes blank)

Has anyone around here faced a similar problem anytime?
I can get thru the network via raspbian but as soon as i launch xbmc, the LEDs just stop flashing and I get no network.

Would be really helpful if someone out here can help me out. Thanks in advance
Sounds like an insufficient power supply issue. When xbmc launches, the 3D hardware is powered up which consumes more current, and a weak power supply will drop voltage.
Make sure you have close to 5V between TP1 and TP2 when xbmc is launched.
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#T...r_problems
thanks for the response popcornmix. i checked the voltage output and gives a good 4.73V. still the same issue persists. is there any other possibility to this problem?
I think the same, and suspect that is a power issue.
Try another PSU and also if you have any device connected directly to USB ports than unplug those and try if is any better. Unplugging additional HW solve the issue very often. If that would be the case than I suggest to use self powered USB Hub between those devices
yes it was a power supply issue. got a different source and it started working. thanks everyone who noticed and helped me troubleshoot
Mark the thread solved please.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
network issue whenever XBMC is launched0