• 4(current)
hardware acceleration on allwinner ( cedarv )
hey there, thx for the great work,

but i also suffer from the zoom effect, i use my mele a2000 with an old FAT TV, so i only use cvbs and pal, how can i change the display setting without loosing the picture entirely Smile ?

some video´s work some don´t, sometimes it helps to just toggle in standbye and back to end the zoom effect

greetings

Yaku
(2013-02-15, 15:48)Koying Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 18:07)chevil Wrote: yes videos are hw accelerated and decoding uses cedar library, take the xbmca10 branch, but my tablet is rooted, i'm not sure it runs on non rooted android, i make it for a specific OS and cannot publish this version as it is.
Well, if I understood you well, you made changes from the xbmca10 branch to have it work on Android.
May I gently remind you that XBMC is GPL so you HAVE to share your modified sources for the good of everybody...

This is not how the GPL works.

May I gently remind you that this kind of misrepresentation of the GPL is one of the things that gives the open source community a bad name, and makes it difficult for companies to use the GPL.

A company /only/ has to release the modified sources if they have provided the code externally.
hardware decoding does not work on Droibox ACE Allwinner A20 tv box
Does the subtitles add-on work for you?
Look like there is a more recient fork of xbmca10 to be used (it may resolve some of the resolution issues) it can be found here: https://github.com/rellla/xbmca10

Domenic
(2013-04-26, 22:24)domenic Wrote: Look like there is a more recient fork of xbmca10 to be used (it may resolve some of the resolution issues) it can be found here: https://github.com/rellla/xbmca10

Domenic

I have built a version from these sources (frodo). It works but there are some issues. On the tablet I am using (polaroid PMID10C) the videos play with acceleration BUT they are blue(ish) so the colours are way off. When I built it I had to hardcode the frequency to 60.0hz which may be the cause of these issues. It is not ready to be used because of this but it appears to be very close (so far the best frame rate I have seen for cedarv). Please test this and give feedback on it's ability to play back your videos. Maybe someone with more experience can troubleshoot the colour issues in this git repo and get us a working build.

You can download it from here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0c1jpaz...sp=sharing
domenic,
can you share your experiences with the sample files from http://linux-sunxi.org/CedarXVideoRenderingChart for your android build? espec. h264-files encoded with weighted P-frame prediction result in blocky artifacts. Any report would be helpful.

rellla
(2013-04-30, 08:18)rellla Wrote: can you share your experiences with the sample files from http://linux-sunxi.org/CedarXVideoRenderingChart for your android build? espec. h264-files encoded with weighted P-frame prediction result in blocky artifacts. Any report would be helpful.

rellla

Hi,
This is the device I have: http://dx.com/p/x2-android-4-0-network-m...ram-147971

I tested with your build all of the 1080p "bunny" videos. In all of them the color is fine. The video does not fill the screen, it goes to roughly 60% both vertically and horizontally. The full image is shrinked to that space, there is no cropping. Here are the results:

Code:
d68e46b777de4138ed05f3577b03a2c1 *big_buck_bunny_1080p_H264_AAC_25fps_7200K.MP4     Fluid, maybe very little stutter.
4aa81138516f6ad6b6f069e83e0062d6 *big_buck_bunny_1080p_MPEG2_MP2_25fps_6600K.MPG    Fluid, some block artifacts on the abrupt "camera changes".
8260e7eb8a38b7d2a72d759d9c906f1e *big_buck_bunny_1080p_MPEG4_MP3_25fps_7600K.AVI    Fluid, there is a weird flicker of sorts that can be seen on static portions of the image, it's like the detailed background goes a bit blurry for just a frame or two, maybe once per second or so.
a14618e8a1df76a9e7af43886d7c70b1 *big_buck_bunny_1080p_VC1_WMA3_25fps_8600K.WMV     Fluid, minor stutter at the beginning
49987eabeedab4aaaa3bdf8c9a440d52 *big_buck_bunny_1080p_VP8_VORBIS_25fps_7800K.WebM  Fluid, just a few blocks only on the part where the bunny hammers down a stick with a rock/d/Data/Video/Samples>

I also tested the "ducks_take_off" mkv and rmvb videos:

Code:
015ad323e0c3e517a98c941f45d3ccb2 *ducks_take_off_420_720p25.mkv         Bad framerate
d4d980c8e74fd65c3ca74d3bdd43cd85 *ducks_take_off_420_720p_5M.rmvb       Bad framerate fills full screen (may not be hw accelerated?)

I played a few other things, a 1080p H264 clip extracted from Star Wars Ep I (the pod race) had some artifacts at the beginning, but then played fine. Some mkv 720p episodes from the internet play a bit choppy. I can elaborate on these if needed. All of this played on the top left portion of the screen as the other videos. When subtitles were available those showed properly on the bottom center.

I hope it helps. Overall it looks very promising. I am available to test more if needed. Just let me know.

Julian
You are using android, sure? Can you test http://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/graphics/blender...-1080p.mp4 or any other file with weightp set?
rellla
Yes, I use android: "apollo_mele-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120830 test-keys"

I will download this video and will play it when I get back from work (in 6h approx).

Julian
Hi Again. This file (Sintel trailer) plays just fine (not full screen as the rest). Color is ok and I saw no artifacts. Perhaps there is some minimal stutter suggesting maybe dropped frames or something like that but it is minimal. If this were full screen it would be fine for watching a full movie.

Regards,
Julian
I have a new build that may correct any refresh rate issues that may have been encountered. You can download it here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0c1jpaz...sp=sharing

Odd that on my tablet, the screen was an odd blue colour until I connected it via HDMI, after I did this the screen played the video fine.

Domenic
I've installed this new build. The test videos do play a little better. The weird flicker in the MPEG2 file shows even when playing on my PC, so that is something in the encoding surely. The block artifacts remain, and so does the size issue.

I have one thing to add. This is extremely minor, but when you pull up the interface when playing a video, the parts of the screen that are supposed to be faded look strange, it's almost like the alpha channel for the interface were just 1 bit deep and so what shows is some sort of dithered downscale, at the top no video shows, then a few pixels until it's just a few black pixels and then all video. I can personally live with this, don't really mind but thought it was worth mentioning.

Some of the videos I played from 720p TV shows are not as fluid as the bunny video or the Sintel trailer. Files are readily available on the internet but I don't want to get into shaky ground there. I ran mkvinfo on these and they say pretty much the same on the ones that play ok and on those that don't:

Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
CodecPrivate, length 43 (h.264 profile: High @L4.1)
Default duration: 41.708ms (23.976 frames/fields per second for a video track)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Bye!

Julian
The sigmatel video plays without artifacts between 21 and 25 fps on my polaroid tablet which has a native resolution 1024x600 it is properly centered on the screen not streached so black bars above and below.

Looks very good now need to test it on my mk802+

Seems to work better than the first build. The videos are not off centre and can be scaled. We need more testers
(2013-05-02, 01:31)domenic Wrote: The sigmatel video plays without artifacts between 21 and 25 fps on my polaroid tablet which has a native resolution 1024x600 it is properly centered on the screen not streached so black bars above and below.

Looks very good now need to test it on my mk802+

Seems to work better than the first build. The videos are not off centre and can be scaled. We need more testers

I'll be glad to test if someone posts here a precompiled package.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware acceleration on allwinner ( cedarv )2