DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-02-08, 22:25)DFergATL Wrote: New guy, I am in the process of evaluating both Media Portal and XBMC to build my first HTPC. I am trying to learn as much as I can about both. I just want to know what is DSPlayer and what does it have over the stock player in XBMC?

David

Well, for someone new, the amount of info can be too much, so, i will just tell u, DSPlayer is not part of XBMC nowadays. It was, but was abandoned. The work is carried on now for fans and nice ppl with good knowledge. XBMC uses its own codecs for playing video. DSPlayer is just a directshow filters player widely configurable through XML files. Means, u are not limited to XBMC codec, but u can use LavFilters, CoreAVC, etc... almost the combination u prefer. So, this nice ppl mantein and compile non official builds, using the official one and the DSplayer that they continue to improve and make bug free as much as they can.
This is fast notion, and for in depth info, now yes, u should read the wikis and the info in this post and the first post in the last thread about Eden version of XBMC (version 11, before Frodo that is version 12) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...layer+Eden
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by vicmanpergar - 2013-02-09, 04:47
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8