DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-05-24, 14:08)mika91 Wrote: Hi,

Just want to give DSplayer another try this week-end (now that foreced subtitle seems ok), and I wonder what is the best way to configure it.
By "best" way, I mean the optimal balance between PQ/AQ and simplicity, regarding my personnal setup.
I use a 55" LED TV and a 2-channel strereo Ampli/Dac.
My video files are 50% SD Xvid, 40% 720p mp4 and 10% 1080p.

LAV filters + avsplitter seems to be the simpliest solution, but what about:
- auto refresh rate?
- upscaler quality? (for the 720p materials essentially)
- no need to process with ffdshow? (upscaling, sharpen, ...)
- 2-channek audio downmix quality?

For 720p videos on my display size, is there any advantage to use madvr (JRiver media center)?
Or maybe the High Pixel Shader Quality patch?

Thanks

For your setup, you might want to take a look at the guide that I wrote some time ago, still at the following URL:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506...count=2023

What this does is uses ffdshow's software decoder to upscale everything with the lanczos resizer *except* 1080p, which needs no additional processing, so 1080p uses the ffdshow DXVA decoder.

It's pretty detailed and should still work as described, I still use this same setup to this day 3 years later to achieve excellent picture quality on everything you've described.

For audio, I can't help you much with decoder settings, BUT, unless you're particularly attached to your 2 channel amplifier, for about $250 on sale you can get at Yamaha RX-V465 which has the phenomenal Burr-Brown DAC in it and will decode every DTS/AC3 2.x/5.1/7.1 format there currently is, so you can just bitstream everything and not worry about decoding it on the PC. IMO, Yamaha is the best bang for the buck in AVR's.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by therealjoeblow - 2013-06-25, 23:42
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8