DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-11-25, 00:57)KenV99 Wrote: Hi,
I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help with a graphics card choice for a 'repurposed' build. I am currently rebuilding leftovers from my desktop upgrade to use as a new HTPC. I am coming from an HTPC with a Core2 duo and an Nvidia 7900 GTX. With this setup I get some stuttering and frame drops occasionally with h.264/1080p video using XBMC/DSplayer/LAV/No SVP and am not happy.

The new build will be with an i7 920 with 8gb memory and an 850w power supply running W7Pro x64. I will be running XBMC Frodo with AEON Nox and DSPlayer, LAV filters and SVP(ffdshow RAW as needed). NO GAMING. Output via HDMI to a Denon 4308ci and a 60" Pioneer Kuro plasma which is ISF calibrated. I want to bitstream DTS-HD MA as well.

I am down to deciding between a GTX 650 Ti versus a HD 7850 (about $20 more expensive). Using XBMC with DSPlayer and SVP, are there any advantages or disadvantages between these cards? I would appreciate any help or guidance anyone can offer.
the gtx 650 ti will run lower in temperature, even if radeon has more raw power i would pick the geforce. The only thing radeon is doing better is multi display. This is my opinion.
When i designed dsplayer i did it using only nvidia card because they had way less bugs with directshow playback. You will also be able to use cuda decoder from lav filter if you pick geforce over radeon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by tiben20 - 2013-11-25, 13:07
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8