DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-01-19, 06:46)tr0nllam Wrote: I haven't tried DSPlayer in over a year, but I downloaded the newest version and I'm still having the exact same problem as before. If I have PC speakers selected as my default Windows audio, it will output XBMC audio to those speakers rather than my home theater speakers which are the selected audio source in the XBMC settings. Does anyone have a fix for this?

EDIT: I have tried changing the audio renderer under the DSPlayer menu, but it doesn't fix it. It shows the correct audio renderer if I bring up the video stats information, but it still will only output out of my PC speakers unless I manually change the default audio via windows.

If you want to have XBMC playing audio to one set of speakers and have a different program playing audio to a different set of speakers at the same time, then you are out of luck. Microsoft doesn't seem interested in allowing this.

If you are on Windows 7 and just want to automatically change the default device on XBMC startup, there is a command line program that can be used to change the default audio device. You can find it here (download link at the bottom of the page): http://www.daveamenta.com/2011-05/progra...windows-7/. I don't have Windows 8 so I can't say if this still works using it.

In the downloaded zip, all you need is the EndPointController.exe under the release directory. You could put that in a convenient location and create a script to run that program from the command line prior to launching XBMC. To sort out how your audio devices are enumerated, open a cmd window and navigate to where you placed the exe and just run the exe without any options. This will give you back the numbers corresponding to your devices. Then you could write the batch script with the number of the device that you want to have as the default when XBMC runs as the option for the exe (i.e. EndPointController.exe 2) and then launch XBMC. If you want to switch back after XBMC programmatically, you could use something like autohotkey for the script and launch XBMC with the RunWait command and then use EndPointController.exe a second time with the option set to switch back to whatever device you want as default when XBMC isn't running. Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2014-01-20, 14:45
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8