DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-01-31, 13:32)tfouto Wrote: I read it, but the doubt remains.

i dont want to know the xml config. I am just curious about mpcvideocodec. What is this? MPC-HC is just a player. It uses filters like LAV and madvr, and render like EVR, etc...

Does this mean that we choose the DirectShow Video property on MPC-HC and that's what will be used on DSPlayer? Is that it?

If you go back about six months in time, MPC-HC was including it's own video codec in their distro package. The filters are simply declared in the filtersconfig.xml. They are included this way so that you don't have to find a way to discover the guid and build this file yourself. Just because they are DECLARED in the filtersconfig.xml does NOT mean that they will be used. You can delete the XML filter declarations for any filters that you do not plan on ever using if you wish.

If in mediasconfig.xml you configure DSPlayer to use that codec and you have it installed on your system then it will try to use it.

So it goes something like this:

1. XBMC asks DSPlayer to play a file with a specific extension.
  2. DSPlayer looks in mediasconfig.xml to see how you have asked it to build the filter graph to play the file. In there you said use AA for the source, BB for the splitter, CC as the videocodec and DD as the audio codec.
  3. Then it looks up AA, BB, CC and DD in filtersconfig.xml to get their details so that it can build the graph.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2014-01-31, 13:54
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8