DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-02-10, 17:39)-Vic- Wrote: Hi everyone!

First of all thanks in advance for this beautiful community!! Blush

I've succesfully configured DSPlayer and I'm using ffdshow for movies with good results.
I've some playlist (configured in LIVE TV) in RTMP. Can I use Directshow filters with this kind of stream?

On first page I read this:

Known issues/limitations:
- DSplayer has limited network stream support (including streams from PVR TV-backends). This is not exactly its issue, but rather a DirectShow limitation - there is no universal DS source filter which can support various network media streaming formats. As a workaround, you can add the following strings into the <rules> section of your playercorefactory.xml file:
PHP Code:
<!-- DSPlayer rules: set network streams to DVDPlayer -->
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
to play network streams with XBMC's default DVDplayer.

So I tried to create a playercorefactory.xml like this:

<playercorefactory>
<rule name="streams" protocols="rtmp" player="DSPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

But nothing changed (still use DVDPlayer) and if I force DSPlayer (with the menu "play with...") the stream doesn't start.

Maybe I'm wrong with .xml file or this is not possible with DSPlayer?

Many thanks in advance! Sorry for my bad English Confused

Please shutdown, and restart XBMC (to clear the log) and then try this again and then look at xbmc.log. If you are not using merits, it is possible that DSPlayer won't be able to pick the proper filters to construct the graph. Alternatively, try to reproduce the same filter set that you intend DSPlayer to use in another DirectShow Player such as GraphStudioNext or MPC-HC and see if the stream plays.

(2014-02-10, 18:32)gregh77 Wrote: how much of a difference in picture quality do you guys think using DS Player with the LAV filters over the basic 12.3 Frodo build with the internal player and internal filters? is it worth using?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Without tweaking the configuration, I would say there is not much difference. It depends on your content, your display, your personal taste, etc. If you want to spend a good amount of time tweaking, you can follow the parts of this guide for setting up LAV, ffdshow and AVISynth (omitting the parts targeted at MPC-HC and madVR). Or you can try it all out in MPC-HC using EVR and decide if its any better before installing the DSPlayer build.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2014-02-10, 19:36
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8