DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I also don't want to sound like I'm preaching either, but I feel like the DSPlayer option has always been about providing more choices and opportunities for fine tuning. It's not likely to come down to EITHER madVR or EVR. Or the option of using ffdshow for post-processing is going to disappear. Arguing about which is better is all in the eye of the beholder. If you google madVR versus EVR, this has been hotly debated in many other forums. No need to allow that discussion to take over this thread as well.

Aside from decoding, post-processing and rendering, the video appearance is dependent on the source, your video card, your display and it's settings, the environment that the display is in and finally, your eyes and brain, etc. What looks good (enough) is different from individual to individual and situation to situation. Although it is laudable to try to achieve a perfect technical result, in practical terms, that may make no noticeable difference for any given person on any given system for any particular source.

I am not directly involved in writing code for this project, but it seems to me that this is all proceeding logically - get all of the functions that were working in Frodo working in Gotham while tiben20 works when he can independently on incorporating madVR as another rendering choice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2014-03-24, 17:26
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8