DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-03-24, 17:26)KenV99 Wrote: I also don't want to sound like I'm preaching either, but I feel like the DSPlayer option has always been about providing more choices and opportunities for fine tuning. It's not likely to come down to EITHER madVR or EVR. Or the option of using ffdshow for post-processing is going to disappear. Arguing about which is better is all in the eye of the beholder. If you google madVR versus EVR, this has been hotly debated in many other forums. No need to allow that discussion to take over this thread as well.

Aside from decoding, post-processing and rendering, the video appearance is dependent on the source, your video card, your display and it's settings, the environment that the display is in and finally, your eyes and brain, etc. What looks good (enough) is different from individual to individual and situation to situation. Although it is laudable to try to achieve a perfect technical result, in practical terms, that may make no noticeable difference for any given person on any given system for any particular source.

I am not directly involved in writing code for this project, but it seems to me that this is all proceeding logically - get all of the functions that were working in Frodo working in Gotham while tiben20 works when he can independently on incorporating madVR as another rendering choice.

(2014-03-24, 17:37)deh2k7 Wrote: I agree with both the folks that would love to see MadVR, as well as the folks that want to see a stable Gotham build. I'm personally thankfully for the great folks here that invest their own time into this project. A stable Gotham build is important if Tiben is going to effectively be able to incorporate his great work into it. As always, I would rather wait for sometime to do it right and to their satisfaction than to try to rush something out the door and see many folks who didn't contribute pile on and say how something isn't working. When we have something that is complete enough to test, I'll be happy to lend my time in testing. In the meantime, THANK YOU Arcanoz and Tiben!

yes , dont misunderstand this little debate weve had, and yes stable dsplayer gotham code is of equal importance as well and yes madvr vs whatever renderers has been debated to death ive been there but thats not what this is about , all i was saying is that madvr integration and xysubfilter integration is the next logical step for anybody that wants the best of the best playback quality experience and xbmc deserves it imo, and until then i just have to use it per external player hook in ,btw it dont matter what display you use , there will always be a visible difference , hell even a colour blind guy over at doom9 can notice the difference madvr makes ,dont tell me about there being no noticeable difference ok ,youd have to have some real bad eyesight not to notice

and yes if you plan on using all of madvrs high end features you will need an high end gpu , but thats the price to pay for the best possible playback quality as of current and most likely for a very long time as madvr continues to develop not that i would know of anything beyond NNEDI3 ,lols , mind you NNEDI3 isnt a requirement but it comes highly recommended , second i totally agree on modularity

, meaning people can choose whatever they want to use as renderer for both video and subs , i couldnt care less , im not trying to push something onto someone , im just stating the facts ,and hell if youve got a weak gpu then EVR and ffdshow might as well be for you , again if you guys want proper examples on what madvr can do for those in doubt , just visit the official madvr forums over at doom9 theres hundreds of posts with useful explanations and examples , and again well have to wait for proper madvr integration working in order to use the new and nr.1 sub renderer aka xysubfilter in order to replace the outdated xy-vsfilter as ive explained from the inquiry ive did with the xy dev team, thanks Cool

(2014-03-24, 01:36)aracnoz Wrote: @oldpoem and @hentai23

i made a symbolic gesture

i've created a new branch with tiben20's madvr code taken from here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1642662

applied to latest gotham dsplayer build

but this it's a job for tiben20, only he can fix and make it work

https://github.com/aracnoz/xbmc/tree/Got...ayer_madVR

yes indeed well have to wait for tiben20 to continue on this and once he gets that to work we can finally switch over from xy-vsfilter to xysubfilter , and thanks for all the help you provide for this project as well as the rest of the crew thanks guys Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by hentai23 - 2014-03-25, 03:08
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8