DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
More observations/questions:

1. There is an inconsistency with how menus work. If I change a setting in Kodi, the same setting is changed in the madVR configuration panels. But, if I change a setting in the madVR configuration panel, the Kodi gui does not report this change. This can be very confusing, as the gui may report chroma upscaling as Bicubic 75, but I already changed it to Bicubic 100 in madVR. The two menus should be in-sync.

2. Some of the video settings need to be greyed-out when the Kodi gui is disabled. I can still adjust image scaling from this screen even though the scaling option does nothing.

3. The Kodi gui becomes very laggy and unresponsive while a video is played.

4. I don't have any 3D LUTs to test, but I question whether gamma processing is working correctly.

My reference image is MPC-BE with LAV Filters. The two are very close, but Kodi displays more noise and is more washed out. I don't think this is an issue with 0-255 vs 16-235 levels, as it isn't that dramatic. I'm not sure if this a weakness of DSPlayer or something that needs to be adjusted. Everything still looks great, but it is not reference. This is why I question if my gamma settings of 2.2 is being respected by DSPlayer. MPC-BE is sharper.

5. Lastly, Full screen exclusive mode can cause crashes if a graphics card does not support it. The screen will turn black before freezing.

I'll post a debug log on the exclusive mode crash.

I plan to post a complete configuration guide of DSPlayer with LAV Filters and madVR on the weekend. Most of it is written already. The madVR portion requires some work.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Warner306 - 2015-03-25, 09:18

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available58