• 20(current)
[RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television)
Where is everyone getting their portuguese from? Would you kindly share your source since this addon never works.
Hello. I would like to report that this addon no longer works.

It stopped working yesterday. I have verified this with multiple users. 

Tested on Android TV (Nvidia Shield) and on windows 10. Using Kodi 17 and 18. 

Can you please update it?

Thanks.
Hello All

Yes, it's seems to be dead. Do anyone know of any alternatives?
Hello All

Yes, it's seems to be dead, It hasn't worked for at least a week at my end. Do anyone know of any alternatives?
All everyone, if anyone is looking for an alternative I would totally recommend using Google Chromecast / android phone combo. You can download RTP player on the android phone and then using google home app, broadcast this onto a Coogle Chromecast. It's a rather simple set up that works rather well.
The alternative here is just to update the add-on like I have been doing SOLELY and for free for the past 5 years. I've been busy lately with real life and only realised it is not working yesterday. 1 week down = dead sounds awesome to me. You know this is an opensource/hobby project right?
If you want it to work all the time you should contact RTP and ask them to officially provide a Kodi plugin as a replacement. Since content providers don't want to provide content to the Kodi platform, this add-on is the best we can have.

By the way, iirc they also broke the add-on last year around Christmas.
(2018-12-23, 02:19)enen92 Wrote: The alternative here is just to update the add-on like I have been doing SOLELY and for free for the past 5 years. I've been busy lately with real life and only realised it is not working yesterday. 1 week down = dead sounds awesome to me. You know this is an opensource/hobby project right?
If you want it to work all the time you should contact RTP and ask them to officially provide a Kodi plugin as a replacement. Since content providers don't want to provide content to the Kodi platform, this add-on is the best we can have.

By the way, iirc they also broke the add-on last year around Christmas.
Hello. Thank you for the response.

I am aware that this excellent addon is not an official RTP product.
Personally i lack the know how as to update this addon myself and thus i am grateful for your continued support.
You have actually provided far more support than RTP ever has with their own official products. RTP should hire you as their online media support person. 

Short Story: My elderly father used to watch RTP on satellite dish for many years (decades), until the signal switched to a new format a few years ago at which point we switched over to receiving RTP via internet. His small Samsung smart TV has a built official RTP app which worked for a few years until it stopped working last year. I spent a considerable amount of time contacting (by phone and email) the official RTP division responsible for the Samsung app to report that it no longer worked, yet they never repaired the issue (they are very disorganized and unreliable company). Thus my father was now only able to watch RTP on his computer or phone, via the website or official android RTP app. 

So a few months ago i setup my father with a Nvidia Shield (android TV box). Upon setting it up I was surprised to find out that the official RTP android app was not compatible with the Shield (likely it is not officially compatible with any android TV device). Therefore I side-loaded an apk of the RTP app on the Shield, and it did not work properly (vertical orientation locked, and only half of video screen visible). This was not surprising given that the official RTP app was clearly written for phones and not TV's. Their official app is also very old it mentions 3G in settings, lacks a built in chromecast function, and has not been updated in a long time.

Thus as a final solution I installed Kodi on the Shield along with your excellent addon, which has worked great until it stopped working the other day.

Once again we appreciate the work you have done to maintain and update this addon.
We fully understand that this is a hobby of yours, and we have no expectations.
We are also amazed as to how much better your addon worked vs that of the official RTP app. 

We wish you Happy Holidays, and hopefully look forward to an update sometime in the next year.
Please, fix this great addon. It isn't working in Kodi 18, I've tried the version 5.0.4 (from Feb 2, 2020) on Windows 10, Windows 7 and rpi (OSMC), without  sucess.
(2020-03-19, 04:23)latortu Wrote: Please, fix this great addon. It isn't working in Kodi 18, I've tried the version 5.0.4 (from Feb 2, 2020) on Windows 10, Windows 7 and rpi (OSMC), without  sucess.

Hey, should be fixed in 5.0.5 submitted today to the repo.
Thanks
(2020-03-21, 21:02)enen92 Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 04:23)latortu Wrote: Please, fix this great addon. It isn't working in Kodi 18, I've tried the version 5.0.4 (from Feb 2, 2020) on Windows 10, Windows 7 and rpi (OSMC), without  sucess.

Hey, should be fixed in 5.0.5 submitted today to the repo.
Thanks 
Yes, it's working now! Thank you very much for the quick fix and for all your work on this addon!
Hi there!

I'm trying versopn 5.0.6 of this plugin on Kodi for XBox. Live streams work fine for me but on-demand does not show any episodes. How can I help in debugging this?

Cheers!
I recently installed this add-on in kodi without a issue but I'm having trouble playing most of the streams, it always displays a few seconds of the same animation and then drops out.
Am I doing something wrong or missing some configuration? 

This gif illustrates the problem : https://ibb.co/LgJwh6w

Thanks. 
c
(2021-03-13, 21:03)behem0t Wrote: I recently installed this add-on in kodi without a issue but I'm having trouble playing most of the streams, it always displays a few seconds of the same animation and then drops out.

Thanks. 
c

I am having the same problem. Need help!
(2021-03-22, 22:05)Frenchie705 Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 21:03)behem0t Wrote: I recently installed this add-on in kodi without a issue but I'm having trouble playing most of the streams, it always displays a few seconds of the same animation and then drops out.

Thanks. 
c

I am having the same problem. Need help!

Here, also reporting same issue. RTP addon not working since kodi 19 was launched. Only a few seconds of same animation and then image freezes. Could anyone give us a hand?
It's broken and needs a full re-write
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] RTP Play Video addon (Portuguese Television)5