wma files wrong year
Am running frodo final and found after scraping my music that ALL wma albums are incorrectly tagged with the wrong year. Is this an isolated bug?. It would be beneficial to know if this is a bug and/or can/will be fixed before encoding a slew of albums to mp3.
Have any other users noticed this issue?
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
I have just noticed this bug as well:

(I am using the default skin in Frodo) I just scanned in to the library my 90GB music collection and on the whole it added everything OK, I had to fix a few covers and a couple of the albums got split in to two, which I fixed by clearing the DiscNumber field in the tags using MP3Tag.

But on quite allot of my albums when you go in to them in XBMC Music library, they have weird years. For example on the album I am looking at now each track within that album has a different value in the year field.

Track 1 - Year = 26708
Track 2 - Year = 60672
Track 3 - Year = 26167

Yet they don't do this in MCE / WMP and if I look at the tags on these files the years are all correct.

Very strange, it does it on more than one XBMC client as well, Windows and Linux XBMC installs show the same problem,
Provide us one or two files to test this.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-02-06, 22:36)Martijn Wrote: Provide us one or two files to test this.

Sure no problem you can download one of my albums that is in .WMA here File is called Back To Mine (Mixed By Faithless).rar

Tracks 2 and 7 show no year at all

Track 1 shows the year as 10
Track 8 shows the year as 29541

Thanks
@Martijn: Looks like a but in the taglib library as we get weird years back. You could ask the original author of our taglibloader if he has an idea.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This definitely the same problem I am having, but it's not just years, my files come in with album but no artist populated. it affects things like fanart and artist slideshow as a result.
This issue with WMA files not only affects the year not being correctly displayed but also prevents fanart being displayed and the artist name is missing on each song. Please see here for screen shots (Aeon MQ4 Skin)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1366507

Is this issue likely to be fixed in V12.1 ? I am only using stable builds from here: ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-frodo and not nightly ones.

Many Thanks
Hi,

I had a look and found the problem with the year tag. Can someone give me a list what else is wrong for wma files? I will open a pr on github of course.

Cheers
(2013-03-16, 09:41)ace20022 Wrote: Hi,

I had a look and found the problem with the year tag. Can someone give me a list what else is wrong for wma files? I will open a pr on github of course.

Cheers

Well for me the Artist name does not get displayed for songs that are WMA. Also this affects the ability of XBMC to display fanart background image for the songs as you can see in my screen shots on the link I gave.

I have confirmed this with another user deh2k7 who has exact same problems with WMA files, he says its not skin related as he has tried several different skins. I myself am using Aeon MQ4.

Thanks
I found a solution for both issues (artist and year). Will open a pr soon.
wma video files the codec video flag isnt loaded. I dont have a sample because I converted it. I like my pr0n to show flags properly.
(2013-03-16, 13:08)ace20022 Wrote: I found a solution for both issues (artist and year). Will open a pr soon.

Excellent thank you for looking in to this!

I am a new XBMC user, how does the bug fix system work?

I am using Linux Ubuntu and a PPA that is only for stable V12.0 Frodo. Not the nightly one that would get me V13 Alpha etc. Presumably if they release a V12.1 update some of these bug fixes will be present in that update?

Thanks

(2013-03-16, 13:45)uNiversal Wrote: wma video files the codec video flag isnt loaded. I dont have a sample because I converted it. I like my pr0n to show flags properly.

WMA video files ? WMV you mean ? I never thought to look at WMV video files.
The media information of WMA files appears to be displayed OK

However I think I just noticed another problem ?

Here you can see that this WMA album has an album description present

However when I start to play the album the albums description is then not shown.

Still having issues with the Artist SlideShow add-on sometimes not showing the correct images for the artist that is actually playing, but I think that is a problem with the add-on and not related to WMA files as it does the same thing on MP3 albums.

Thanks

EDIT: I think the album description intermittently being display or not. Is not directly related to WMA files as it seems to also have this problem on albums that are in MP3 format. So I dont know why the album descriptions seem to have a mind of their own and sometimes are displayed and other are not?
(2013-03-16, 13:45)uNiversal Wrote: wma video files the codec video flag isnt loaded. I dont have a sample because I converted it. I like my pr0n to show flags properly.

Works for me with skin transparency!

(2013-03-16, 13:58)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-03-16, 13:08)ace20022 Wrote: I found a solution for both issues (artist and year). Will open a pr soon.

Excellent thank you for looking in to this!

I am a new XBMC user, how does the bug fix system work?

I am using Linux Ubuntu and a PPA that is only for stable V12.0 Frodo. Not the nightly one that would get me V13 Alpha etc. Presumably if they release a V12.1 update some of these bug fixes will be present in that update?

Thanks

I'm afraid I don't know if the fixes will be in 12.1, because I don't know when the deadline for that is. You can follow the progress here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2448 . For Frodo 12.1 here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/Frodo . But please don't comment there, unless the comment is about the code.
They won't be in 12.1
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wma files wrong year0