Issue With Scraping TV Shows - Not Showing Season Poster
Hello

Updated to Frodo and have issues with adding files.

1. On startup it scans my database and just says scanning with TheTVDB but before it used to show what's adding the file names.

2. When I added files. It doesn't add the season poster and I think it might be that before I updated to Frodo backed all the media by export video library and have all those nfo's, tbn's files in my hard drive.

Please look at the photo :

http://i.imgur.com/fZIomJg.jpg

So I have to manually add the poster as before it use to pick one automatically.

(2013-02-05, 17:19)Eko P Wrote: Hello

Updated to Frodo and have issues with adding files.

1. On startup it scans my database and just says scanning with TheTVDB but before it used to show what's adding the file names.

2. When I added files. It doesn't add the season poster and I think it might be that before I updated to Frodo backed all the media by export video library and have all those nfo's, tbn's files in my hard drive.

Please look at the photo :

http://i.imgur.com/fZIomJg.jpg

So I have to manually add the poster as before it use to pick one automatically.

I'm experiencing the library scraping issue as well, seemingly ever since I updated from Frodo RC3 to the official release of Frodo on both my Mac desktop and Windows HTPC.

My upstairs neighbour is having the same issue with his Android, (I share my library with him) but he hasn't updated recently, so my first thought was that it's something to do with TheTVDB.com scraper/service, but it's doing the same thing with the movies.

I can't see it being anything to do with my media library, since nothing has changed on my main machine, aside from the version of Frodo.

Sorry, I can't be more help, but if you happen to figure it out, I'd love to hear your solution!
Try default skin.

uNi
(2013-02-05, 22:18)uNiversal Wrote: Try default skin.

uNi

I'm using the default skin, doesn't make a difference for me.
Yeah I just added some new TV show files with my regular skin I use Aeon Nox 4.0 and also switched it to the default skin. Same problem exists. At start up or whenever it says scanning from TheTVdb but doesn't show what's adding like it did before with each episode or movie name.
Update : This must be a bug as I tried with the default skin and Aeon Nox. Take a look at the photo.

http://i.imgur.com/OdFpkO7.jpg

Thanks
You should use default skin for a while and post screenshots of the area with problems, not random screenshots of 3rd party skins.

Troubleshooting 101 is when you have issues use default everything so we are not seeing possible skin bugs.

uNi
I have exactly the same problem, its driving me mad! been battling with it till the wee hours of the night for the past 3 days, I already made a thread, but got no replies.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154896

I have found this though,
  • I have changed the content on my Series folder to none, then back to TV Shows, I then went to the TVDB Scraper settings, and Re-selected(Prefer Season Posters), it was disabled, even though I enabled it before(?).
  • It then refreshed all my shows again, when it was done, still no Season Poster art, but if i open a specific series, and wait a while (like 10mins) the artwork slowly comes up, after all the season posters for the said series has loaded, and i exit the series and re-enter, the art is there ...

So my question, is frodo only downloading the season covers/posters when the show is focussed? and If so, is there a way to mass update cache?
It takes a while for everything to get cached, IIRC up to 2 days depending. idk if there's a magic way to speed it up.

XBMC only downloads a image if it doesn't already exist in Thumbnails folder..
Everyone has gone on upgrade and You probably can imagine the scraper sites are probably having massive traffic.
There's are now dozens of threads on this Eden>Frodo images update and everyone keeps opening new ones instead of looking, to someone replying, can you imagine replying the same thing to every same/similar question over and over again? Would you want to do it? I know I wouldn't!.

uNi
uNi, if you say it takes up to days to cache, thats fine, I have no problems there, but i was wondering, as soon as I focus a show, it starts caching the show, so can i just leave my HTPC on the main screen, on, for two or three days, or do I need to focus the shows to "trigger" the update?

Thanks for taking time to reply
idk I dont have this problem, Just by navigating around it will trigger the caching.

uNi
lastly, because i have a very slow internet connection, so when you are navigating around, and it triggers the caching, does it load artwork via the internet again, or does the scraper save it local somewhere, and it gets cached from local?

If it is cached live, from the net, what is the purpose of the scraper then now?
No It doesnt get cached live the caching is local If you dont have the image on your Thumbnails folder likely its going to get fetched when you trigger a refresh, by setting content none and back again.

uNi

uNi and Ned Scott, I have done the debug log and a full description with screenshots on my own thread, i dont want to Hijack the OP's thread, so if you can please go and have a look there.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1327235

Once again, thanks for all the help.
I noticed I was having this same issue. even when I tired to manually add season thumbs it would say their where none available (No Art folder).
So back tracked all the way to the File view, in the "Content Menu" of the folder I went to "Change Content" and changed the scrape from thetvdb.com to something else. It then asked me to rescan my files. I chose "No". Then repeated those same steps and this time choosing the original thetvdb.com scraper. Once again it asked me to rescan my files and this time I did. Everything thing seem to be back to normal now. Art for every option and seasons.
This worked for me, hope it works for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue With Scraping TV Shows - Not Showing Season Poster0