Symlinks & Alias are presently not supported
Presently these do not work. Can this be added to a (minor) update?
Please elaborate. How are you using symlinks and in what way(s) do they not work? Which OS are you using?
I want to use either Alias or Symlink so that I do not need to add a movie to several different folders. I have organized all in folders (e.g. Children, SF, Musicals and more) and it often happen that I want 1 movie in 2 or more places.

I checked this with Apple TV1 (OpenElec) Apple TV 2 (Firecore) and iMac and in none of these situation the links are honored. They simply do not appear.

I can't speak for the other platforms, but with Ubuntu (12.04), I have no trouble symlinking media files to other locations on my drive and accessing them from there. Indeed, I can even scan the link into my library, which is what I recommend to people who can't/won't rename their media files to facilitate scraping: create a symlink of the file and rename the link to comply with the scraper's naming convention.
Try hardlink clones

I have a similar situation in which I only want about 25% of my music collection in my XBMC library. I created a new folder on my media drive and, rather than sym links, I created hardlink clones. I have XBMC running on a Windows 7 box and Apple TV 2. Works like charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Symlinks & Alias are presently not supported0