Frodo and XVID Files (no sound / slow playback)
Since installing frodo I am unable to watch any xvid files - there is no sound and the playback is very choppy and appears in slow motion.

The same files worked in Eden as one of the files is a movie I got half way through and wanted to complete.

Is this a known issue or shall I paste a debug log? Is the log just the xbmc.log file?
I'm not sure how you connected your HTPC to your HDTV. Frodo is very picky with audio output configurations, and it have to be precisely configured for it to work fluently. Here are some tips- Audio output configurations-
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I have my HTPC connected by HDMI to my LEDTV and then optical to AVR, I use this as I dont have HDMI input on AVR and want all my TV (Freesat, XBox, Bluray) to come through my AVR.

I assume I treat this as HTPC to LEDTV but can select 5.1 as the speaker configuration?
You can try to configure it similar to the screenshot below....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks,

just to clarify I have

HTPC - NVIDIA GEFORCE 210
¦
¦ (HDMI)
¦
TV
¦
¦ (OPTICAL SPDIF)
¦
AVR
I am still having this issue - I am unable to use the settings in the image as I only have HDMI out from my graphics card - this shows up as SAMSUNG-2 in my audio properties in windows

My debug log is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35594
Your HDMI link is stereo only & doesn't support any bitstream formats, so select:

Audio output: Analog
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio output device: WASAPI - HDMI (any problems then try Directsound)
Thanks a lot - works as suggested!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo and XVID Files (no sound / slow playback)0