Making a PVR add-on
I posted part of this question here already, but maybe that wasn't the best place. Tried to delete it but was unable to.

I'm working on a new PVR add-on. My goal for this add-on is simplicity for HDHomeRun users. I don't want them to have to download a PVR backend and go though hours of painful configuration. Instead the plugin will do everything as long as their HDHomeRun is configured correctly. I have some basic questions:

1.) How do I expose my add-on with the other PVR clients? I tried to mimic what was in the addon.xml file of the some of the PVR clients that are baked into XBMC, but that didn't work. The wiki indicates how to expose plugins in other categories, but not the PVR category.

2.) The hdhomerun.dll file in the xbmc/system directory is libhdhomerun, or at least a portion of it. Can I access these functions from XBMC or should I recompile libhdhomerun and distribute it with my plugin?

3.) I was expecting to see some higher level classes and function calls for the PVR stuff in xbmcgui, but I didn't find them which makes me think they are not available to Python add-ons. I don't want to make an add-on that is a program like TV Guide, I want my add-on to be/feel "integrated" into XBMC like the PVR clients that are baked in. Can I do this with a Python add-on? If not then what must I do for my plugin to have that baked in PVR look and feel?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making a PVR add-on0