Netgear R6300 help
Some background: I just learned about XBMC and I love it. I am trying to set up my android phone to run as a remote. XBMC works great on my Ubuntu 12.04 and I can even see the web based remote (localhost:8888)

I did some testing and I have narrowed it down to the router not allowing something to work properly. My testing involved switching my phone into a hotspot and allowing my computer to connect to the internet. I used the android remote and it worked like a charm.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should configure my router? I tried port forwarding and port triggering, but maybe I put in the wrong information.

Thank you!
Now I have run into more confusion. I decided to install XBMC on my windows computer. I am able to control XBMC using my phone and I didn't need to change anything in my router.

So I'm confused. I can control XBMCU (XBMC Ubuntu) from my phone off my phones hotspot internet, but not from my home WIFI.
I can control XBMXW (XBMC Windows) from my phone off my home WIFI without changing any settings on my router.

Does anyone have any insight?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netgear R6300 help0