Win Buffering on network powerline adapter
Sad 
hello everyone
I'm totally new to all of this so please bear with me. In summary i have xbmc installed on all of my machines but i mainly use on my HP desktop. I've come to realise on any movie stream whether 720p or 1080p it buffers badly and constantly requires me to press play and then it stops after a few seconds.
i am using TP-link adapters 200mpbs downstairs but 500mbps for my HP desktop, and yet when i use the built in wi-fi it doesnt have a problem streaming.
Any ideas on what is happening or what to check for?
Many thanks
Bump. Anyone??
Check your audio setting. I use poweline solution and the only time I had problems was when the audio wasn't set properly.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Are your powerline adapters plugged into a power bar or power conditioner? If so plug them directly into the wall. Also, you don't have a whole-home surge suppressor installed at your breaker panel do you?
What should the audio be set to? Mine is set to HDMI as everything runs through my onkyo reciever.
Rick, no it is plugged directly in to the wall.
Thanks
If the problem happens right away as soon as you start playing your video, try the other audio settings and try the same movie again. WASAPI: HDMI, then check movie. If it buffers, Change to DirectSound HDMI, and try the same movie again.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Hi,

I had the same issue and it was due to the audio. I had to change from directsound to wasapi and it fixed my problem Smile
(2013-02-24, 20:45)rightclix Wrote: What should the audio be set to? Mine is set to HDMI as everything runs through my onkyo reciever.
Rick, no it is plugged directly in to the wall.
Thanks
You can find Frodo audio output configurations in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations....... My screen photos are from Onkyo receivers....

Your Frodo audio output configs should be very similar to screen photo below-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
sorry to bring this thread up again but i've been busy with other stuff. I followed the configuration guide and copied your screen shot provided. I enabled DXVA2 and it made it worse.
i have an ATi Radeon HD5450 graphics card. Can't confirm 100% if it does HD Audio aswell as i've had it hooked to an analogue 3.5m jack.
My setup to the onkyo is as follows:
3.5mm jack from pc to onkyo amp
hdmi cable from graphics card to projector
hdmi cable from onkyo (main out) to projector

I have a feeling this may be wrong due to the analogue 3.5.mm jack. I dont know if this is having an impact on playback or not.

Please help.
(2013-03-14, 21:36)rightclix Wrote: I have a feeling this may be wrong due to the analogue 3.5.mm jack. I dont know if this is having an impact on playback or not.

Please help.
I don't think that DXVA2 is your problem, because DXVA2 usually work very good with AMD GPU. It's more likely wrong Frodo audio output configuration. What are the support formats in Windows control panel?
hi blu
sorry not sure what you mean by support formats, however i now have full hd sound as i connected the hdmi from the amd gpu straight to the pc input of the onkyo reciever. Still hasn't sorted the buffering problem out unfortunately.
(2013-03-16, 19:56)rightclix Wrote: hi blu
sorry not sure what you mean by support formats, however i now have full hd sound as i connected the hdmi from the amd gpu straight to the pc input of the onkyo reciever. Still hasn't sorted the buffering problem out unfortunately.
See screenshots below, and you'll know what I meant by support formats. Are you playback the file on local drive or network? If you are streaming using home network, you might want to check out this thread- post #10

You can try these-

1. Update the latest AMD driver from here- Graphics Drivers & Software
2. You can disable everything other than "enforce smooth playback" in CCC video quality
3. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
4. Enable "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" and select "Auto detect" as Render method in XBMC system/settings/video/playback
3. Below are the screenshots of my audio configurations in Windows control panel

Hi Blu
Well i updated the graphics software and i watched the whole of hobbit last night without any interruption and changing the sound config to wasapi which is great.
The only thing is that it's not playing hd sound. I usually watch stuff in dts but it wasn't decoding. Im weary of changing anything now that it is working. Any thoughts.
Note: I haven't tried any other movies yet.
oh another thing, i can only get hd sound to work when i put the projector on, it doesn't work with the monitor on, which is inconvenient. will a dvi to hd adapter sort this issue out?
Thanks
(2013-03-17, 15:44)rightclix Wrote: oh another thing, i can only get hd sound to work when i put the projector on, it doesn't work with the monitor on, which is inconvenient.
Thanks
HTPC have to recognize the entire HDMI string (GPU..>AVR..>HDTV) in order for it to bitstream HD audio.....if your GPU can output audio through DVI, it should work...
i'm wondering why nobody has asked, but do you live in an area where there are alot of wireless networks, if so they can interfere with your connection, which could be why you have problems...
it could also be a problem with the specific audio encoding, i have a season of doctor who i can't play for some reason (still trying to work out whats wrong with it)
also my experience has been that xbmc doesn't like to send audio to more speakers than it has access to, could also be the problem

edit: nevermind i have learned that powerlines uses the 0 wire in the wall, which can also result in bad connections

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering on network powerline adapter0