• 13(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
Almost there. I want to make sure I cover every stock icon that comes with PseudoTV. I have about 5 left now at this point. Maybe tomorrow.
I had some time tonight so I started playing with the idea of making the skin more focused around Nox, I still like my regular design but this one is pretty cool for specific Nox use.

that looks pretty nice tman, any chance of getting one to match the white theme? Smile
Doesn't anybody here use MQ4? I thought that was the "holy grail" of skins?

I think it's safe to say it's another great alternative Smile
(2013-03-15, 06:56)tommymsw Wrote: Doesn't anybody here use MQ4? I thought that was the "holy grail" of skins?

After using "Nox" myself for a while, after trying MQ4....I never went back.
(2013-03-15, 03:26)tman12 Wrote: I had some time tonight so I started playing with the idea of making the skin more focused around Nox, I still like my regular design but this one is pretty cool for specific Nox use.

Yes, look much better Nod
(2013-03-15, 14:29)Guile Wrote:
(2013-03-15, 06:56)tommymsw Wrote: Doesn't anybody here use MQ4? I thought that was the "holy grail" of skins?

After using "Nox" myself for a while, after trying MQ4....I never went back.

+1 for mq4 soon to be ace as the beta skin is very nice
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Rofl
nice joke.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I know this isn't the right thread for it, but since it was brought up, I figure I could ask - what is the difference between MQ4 and Nox?

Personally, Nox is the holy grail from my perspective. I really don't jump around that often, the only time I ever switched skins was when I was having issues with the skin locking up that I blame mainly on Next Aired addon. Haven't had any issues with 4.0 and I'm loving it, I'll give MQ4 a shot but at this point it would take a lot for me to make the switch. Nox does everything well - the only thing I wish would be default is bluray/dvd covers in Wall view. Another thing I think would be awesome is a slider overlay similar to the one used in Kaieledscape that moves fluidly up down left right.
(2013-03-15, 18:49)tman12 Wrote:

Personally, Nox is the holy grail from my perspective. I really don't jump around that often, the only time I ever switched skins was when I was having issues with the skin locking up that I blame mainly on Next Aired addon. Haven't had any issues with 4.0 and I'm loving it, I'll give MQ4 a shot but at this point it would take a lot for me to make the switch. Nox does everything well - the only thing I wish would be default is bluray/dvd covers in Wall view. Another thing I think would be awesome is a slider overlay similar to the one used in Kaieledscape that moves fluidly up down left right.

Yep, the default blu-ray option is in MQ4. I thought Nox WAS the holy grail. Imo, MQ4 (especially with MCE remote) is just fantastic to navigate and looks awesome!
for me MQ4 was always slower, much harder to navigate and hell lot more buggy than nox (in addition, debug logs get spammed with xml syntax errors in and more stuff)
it´s also much inferior in terms of customization. there is nothing out there which even comes close to nox in that aspect.
last big difference: support. nox gets updated daily + support is excellent whereas MQ4 has a lot of long-time-bugs which probably don´t get fixed anytime soon (or cannot get fixed at all, i don´t know)

so Nox >> MQ4. big time.
With me it was MQ4 because it could do EVERYTHING I needed where the other skins could not. For example, MQ4 will differentiate 3d movies for me. It has endless customization and I love the fact that you have like 12 "recently added" TV and Movies that show up on the main screen. I don't know, I'm a sucker for flair! lol I know a lot of people may not want to spend time customizing it... but I like the idea of being able to get it to look EXACTLY as I wish it to look? I guess I just assumed it was more popular? It is a "bigger" skin... but my HTPC is reasonably nice and has no trouble handling it.
checked MQ4 out today. has some sleek menus but i still think nox is flashier. plus it seemed quite buggy with the xbox pad
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9