• 19(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
(2013-03-27, 05:23)thedarkonaut Wrote: Hey Guys,

Here's a look at my latest version. Going to make some adjustments to the EPG this weekend and try and put out another version.

Very nice! Is it possible to add the "rating" of the film anywhere on the info screen?
I had some time yesterday to continue working on mine, I will upload some shots this evening. I was really dissapointed that I didn't have time last weekend to finish it up, I'm pretty certain over this weekend I will have something to release. Hopefully Friday since I have off.

@thedarkonaut - One thing I was going to suggest to you is for the poster use texture background instead of the current way you're doing it, that way when there is no poster you won't see the black shadow but when there is a poster you will. I noticed that it doesn't look as great in the Fork version for live TV streams that don't have posters. I'm trying to think of things like that with mine in case users don't have certain artwork or whatever. Looking good though! I'm hoping people like what I've done, can't wait to upload some screens tonight.
Alright, here is some of the latest screens.

Obviously, channel logos will be on the left but I don't have any right now because I rebuilt - you get the point. I'm trying to think of a good way to say "Now Playing" where it shows the fanart and title. Highlight text color will be something that advanced users can add if they want it to show up, I will provide instructions its very simple. Can't quite find the correct blue color code though so it's a bit off in this image.

ClearArt will show above the stars, I just don't have any for this movie. It will look the same as the TV show below.

^ Looks great!
Looks rather excellent and fits in with Aeon Nox style nicely. Any news regarding whether Phil and BN are going to incorporate your skin as part of Aeon Nox officially when it's finished?
VERY NICE tman!!! Can't wait for it!!
Hey Tman,

The Nox skin is looking real good dude, definitely belongs in with the Aeon Nox skin.

I get what you're saying about the shadow but have no idea how to implement that. Like I said, I really have no idea what I'm doing Smile. I just know what I like visually and can get some of the coding together but this is all a learning experience.
(2013-03-28, 05:01)thedarkonaut Wrote: Hey Tman,

The Nox skin is looking real good dude, definitely belongs in with the Aeon Nox skin.

I get what you're saying about the shadow but have no idea how to implement that. Like I said, I really have no idea what I'm doing Smile. I just know what I like visually and can get some of the coding together but this is all a learning experience.

Lets say your background image is called shadow.png the code to use is this:

<texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(poster)]</texture>
<bordertexture border="7">thumbs/shadow.png</bordertexture>
<bordersize>7</bordersize>
<aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>

So it would look like this:

<control type="image">
<description>Poster</description>
<posx>960</posx>
<posy>543</posy>
<width>250</width>
<height>155</height>
<colordiffuse>FFFFFFFF</colordiffuse>

</control>

You can play around with the bordersize and bordertexture numbers, my guess would be bordertexture border="2" is closer to what you're looking for. Let me know if you need more help.
(2013-03-28, 18:02)tman12 Wrote: Lets say your background image is called shadow.png the code to use is this:

So it would look like this:

<control type="image">
<description>Poster</description>
<posx>960</posx>
<posy>543</posy>
<width>250</width>
<height>155</height>
<colordiffuse>FFFFFFFF</colordiffuse>

</control>

You can play around with the bordersize and bordertexture numbers, my guess would be bordertexture border="2" is closer to what you're looking for. Let me know if you need more help.

I gotcha. Awesome dude, thanks!
Hey ARYEZ, any update on your skin? (yours will fit my theme the best I think).... Also, this thread got me watching Duck Dynasty. lol
(2013-04-01, 19:54)tommymsw Wrote: Hey ARYEZ, any update on your skin? (yours will fit my theme the best I think).... Also, this thread got me watching Duck Dynasty. lol

LOL!!!! Me too!!!! LOVE IT!!!
More people watching duck dynasty? That makes me happy, happy, happy Smile
I put it on at a bar I was at on Sunday (they had a marathon on tv), nobody there had seen it, but with a few beers and a group of people is was even better! I think the entire place became fans. Now it's going to be the thing to do there on Sundays! lol
Hahaha, glad more people are enjoying it. I love the show, wasn't sure how the rest of the XBMC community felt when I saw a post mocking it a few pages back. SI is hilarious! Also, will be posting a beta this evening and I look forward to getting some responses back after testing. Sorry it is taking so long to get things going, had a busy Easter weekend and work is picking up for me.
lol... that was ME mocking it! It sounds dumb! lol. But figuring that most people involved in this stuff are likely similar minded. I checked it out. Now I'm a fan! I also got into "doomsday preppers" from here! Smile

Anyway, I can't wait for the beta. Smile
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9