• 20(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
(2013-04-02, 20:12)tman12 Wrote: Hahaha, glad more people are enjoying it. I love the show, wasn't sure how the rest of the XBMC community felt when I saw a post mocking it a few pages back. SI is hilarious! Also, will be posting a beta this evening and I look forward to getting some responses back after testing. Sorry it is taking so long to get things going, had a busy Easter weekend and work is picking up for me.

So besides saying thanks for the skin, I have to thank you for DDSmile
Here it is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29753669/PTV.rar let me know what the bugs are. I'd like to clean it up this weekend and be ready for a full release and see if Phil would like to include it as default.
VERY nice!! I've asked this previously but....is it at all possible to have the MPAA rating of the film on the info screen?
(2013-04-01, 19:54)tommymsw Wrote: Hey ARYEZ, any update on your skin? (yours will fit my theme the best I think).... Also, this thread got me watching Duck Dynasty. lol

@tommymsw

The info screen is finished for the time being. Might still tweak it at some point, but I'm pretty satisfied with it at the moment.

The guide still needs some work I think, cause it feels kind of plain. Im thinking of stealing (borrowing?) some aspects of Tman's guide once he releases it. I definitely dig some of the changes he made.

But I've been spending the majority of my time rewriting the full screen music display for my Pseudo Radio channels, so that they match my theme better. This an example of my Antares radio (Pop) channel.

Also don't hate on me using Avril for the demo...I suppose I could have gone with someone from my Chromium Radio (Metal) channel like Soilwork, The Browning, or As I lay Dying but pop stars have better fanart lol. I'm hoping to have a beta of all this stuff up in a few days but I have to clean up my code first cause its a freakin mess right now.
thanks mate just tried works awesome, actually lured by back from the white skin
(2013-04-03, 04:45)Guile Wrote: VERY nice!! I've asked this previously but....is it at all possible to have the MPAA rating of the film on the info screen?

The section at the bottom in the middle will rotate through and it has the MPAA rating.
(2013-04-03, 06:46)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 19:54)tommymsw Wrote: Hey ARYEZ, any update on your skin? (yours will fit my theme the best I think).... Also, this thread got me watching Duck Dynasty. lol

@tommymsw

The info screen is finished for the time being. Might still tweak it at some point, but I'm pretty satisfied with it at the moment.

Thanks man, I look forward to it. I am satisfied with the way it looks right now. I am not sure what changes you mean to make to the guide, it looks the same as the others no? But I like the brown and I like the "lots" of art... I used PTV mostly when I am going to sleep and the tv is farther and smaller than my main tv's so I have a hard time reading the guide if the colors are not bright. Your white in brown seems to be easier to read from a distance.

The music thing looks cool. I don't use XBMC for music however. I don't want to have to turn on my tv each time I want to hear music. Smile
Thats where the android / iOS app with an AVR comes into play! Cool
Now that everybody is showing their latest, I could probably share my current project. This is still based off my original "tron" looking skin but with just a new background and some of the weather/time elements moved. Going real modern looking on this one. Wanted something very different. Still doing some concept work for the overlay but will get there soon.

(2013-04-03, 06:46)ARYEZ Wrote:

@tommymsw

The guide still needs some work I think, cause it feels kind of plain. Im thinking of stealing (borrowing?) some aspects of Tman's guide once he releases it. I definitely dig some of the changes he made.

But I've been spending the majority of my time rewriting the full screen music display for my Pseudo Radio channels, so that they match my theme better. This an example of my Antares radio (Pop) channel.

Also don't hate on me using Avril for the demo...I suppose I could have gone with someone from my Chromium Radio (Metal) channel like Soilwork, The Browning, or As I lay Dying but pop stars have better fanart lol. I'm hoping to have a beta of all this stuff up in a few days but I have to clean up my code first cause its a freakin mess right now.

When you say radio... r u talking about music playlist?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-04-03, 22:50)thedarkonaut Wrote: Now that everybody is showing their latest, I could probably share my current project. This is still based off my original "tron" looking skin but with just a new background and some of the weather/time elements moved. Going real modern looking on this one. Wanted something very different. Still doing some concept work for the overlay but will get there soon.

I'm liking that! I am one of those who likes to mess with XBMC more than I like to watch shows on it! lol So I am always looking for something new to add. I also have 4 systems running xbmc and I like to have them all set up different to match what I use them for the most. Plus it makes it a little more fun. Smile
Hey thedarkonaut are you still working on your other skin as well? Would love to have those weather icons on my psuedoTV
(2013-04-04, 02:38)mcorcoran Wrote: Hey thedarkonaut are you still working on your other skin as well? Would love to have those weather icons on my psuedoTV

Yep, both are going to use basically the same code base. My thinking was to create a good layout for the skin, that can be interchanged with different backgrounds. Going to publish both versions here fairly shortly.
(2013-04-03, 23:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 06:46)ARYEZ Wrote: [quote='tommymsw' pid='1384348' dateline='1364838842']
Hey ARYEZ, any update on your skin? (yours will fit my theme the best I think).... Also, this thread got me watching Duck Dynasty. lol

When you say radio... r u talking about music playlist?

@Lunatixz

Unfortunately the ability to mix music playlists in with our tv and movie playlists seems to have died with TVTime. For what it's worth Ive always thought that was the one thing missing from PseudoTV but I guess Jason doesn't have any interest in adding it. If I understood Python better I'd take a look at the code and see if it's a feature that could be resurrected but unfortunately it's beyond my abilities. In the meantime I did come up with a work around that allows me to have Music Choice style channels alongside my TV, Movies, Sports and Music Video channels, but the process is tedious to say the least. The finished product is very cool though, and worth the effort IMO.
(2013-04-04, 05:10)ARYEZ Wrote: @Lunatixz
Unfortunately the ability to mix music playlists in with our tv and movie playlists seems to have died with TVTime. For what it's worth Ive always thought that was the one thing missing from PseudoTV but I guess Jason doesn't have any interest in adding it. If I understood Python better I'd take a look at the code and see if it's a feature that could be resurrected but unfortunately it's beyond my abilities. In the meantime I did come up with a work around that allows me to have Music Choice style channels alongside my TV, Movies, Sports and Music Video channels, but the process is tedious to say the least. The finished product is very cool though, and worth the effort IMO.

I only ask because your PTV screenshot displays the artist and album...and you didn't indicate that it was a music video...
as for adding music to PTV it isn't that hard... Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9