• 25(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
(2013-04-30, 19:23)tman12 Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 19:49)Ovokx Wrote: tman12, are the links on the first page the ones related to your mod using Nox textures? Thank you Smile

Yes, the pictures on page one as well as the link are the most up to date version of my skin.

great, thanks! I'll give it a try Smile
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
First of all a BIG thankyou to all the skinners, creating these new and refreshing skins. I just tried the skin by ARYEZ and love the incorporation of all the artworks. I just wanted to point out some problems I have ran into whilst using it, hoping he or anyone else could give me a hand fixing it.

As you can see from these screenshots below. The TV section of the skin works perfectly!

For the Movie info screen the poster and the banner do not show. Also the ratings logos are out of alignment.

On the movie info screen the poster is missing.

I absolutely love this skin and hope that someone can help me fix the problems.
I have managed to solve it by replacing some lines in the TVOverlay.xml.
For Tv Poster replace line 228 with <texture>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Art(poster)</texture>
and for movie banners replace line 255 with <texture>$INFO[Player.Art(banner)]</texture>

Now I am going to try and resize the ratings logos and I am all set. Hope this helps anyone who runs into the same problem as I. Wink

(2013-05-05, 16:34)Rastan Wrote: First of all a BIG thankyou to all the skinners, creating these new and refreshing skins. I just tried the skin by ARYEZ and love the incorporation of all the artworks. I just wanted to point out some problems I have ran into whilst using it, hoping he or anyone else could give me a hand fixing it.

As you can see from these screenshots below. The TV section of the skin works perfectly!

For the Movie info screen the poster and the banner do not show. Also the ratings logos are out of alignment.

On the movie info screen the poster is missing.

I absolutely love this skin and hope that someone can help me fix the problems.
@Rastan

Hey the problems with the movie section are actually brand new to me as of like two days ago (I wonder if maybe something changed internally with the newest version on Git? Because the movie poster problem seemed to show up right after I upgraded to 4.19)...having said that I'm glad to see you found a fix that works cause it was literally driving me nuts lol. I actually pulled up a number of my older backups to check if they still worked since the code hasn't changed and sure enough they did. Either way it seems as though you solved the problem and I appreciate the help.

As for the ratings issue, that's actually a simple answer. I replaced all the rating icons in my personal set up and wrote the code for them. Unfortunately I forgot that when I decided to release it and since other people use other icons that's where the trouble lies. When I get some time I can probably take a look at it.
Not sure if anyone is using my skin, but I have the same issues with posters not showing. I have to admit, I haven't been using PTV that much while I've been busy with work and just playing around with XBMC in general. About a week or two ago I updated to 12.1 and installed the latest GIT version of PTV and my posters were gone. I didn't have time to look into it, but the code was there so I'm not sure what happened. I'm to the point now where I'm hoping some other users will start editing my skin or adding improvements, I'm not sure if I'll get around to fixing it up anytime soon. Maybe when the latest Nox version is released I will get back into it.
@Tman

Hmmmm Id say the fact that movie posters aren't working with your skin either now definitely confirms that there must have been some change internally, either in the newest Git of Aeon Nox or PTV. Before I left for work I loaded one of my back ups from when this Ptv skinning project first started (late march I believe) and for what it's worth all the artwork appeared perfectly like it always had. When I get home tonight ill check to see if the problem lies in the newest version of Nox or PTV and ill hopefully have a fix...which I assume will be to just downgrade to the previous version (4.13 I believe) Maybe if either Phil or BN notice this thread they could weigh in on whether or not there was a change in 4.19 that may be affecting our codes, since now that Tman has confirmed the same strange problem, I imagine it won't be too long till Darkonaut confirms it as well.
(2013-05-09, 18:39)tman12 Wrote: Not sure if anyone is using my skin, but I have the same issues with posters not showing. I have to admit, I haven't been using PTV that much while I've been busy with work and just playing around with XBMC in general. About a week or two ago I updated to 12.1 and installed the latest GIT version of PTV and my posters were gone. I didn't have time to look into it, but the code was there so I'm not sure what happened. I'm to the point now where I'm hoping some other users will start editing my skin or adding improvements, I'm not sure if I'll get around to fixing it up anytime soon. Maybe when the latest Nox version is released I will get back into it.

I'm still using 12 and the posters don't appear neither Sad
Just got home and did a quick experiment...

Uninstalled Aeon Nox 4.19, then reinstalled the official Repo version (4.09) and without changing any of the Ptv skin code, like magic everything worked perfectly. I would say that this confirms that the issue we all seem to be having with the movie posters no longer displaying, is contained within the 4.19 version from Git. I'm sure it's just a bug that will eventually be fixed, but for now I'm just using the official version and it's working beautifully as always. Besides Aeon Nox is such a beautiful skin that even the official version with a few less bells and whistles compared to the Git version, still looks amazing.
I should have clarified, I was using the latest version of XBMC, GIT of Nox and the latest GIT of PTV. My guess would be that it doesn't have anything to do with PTV, it's most likely something different with Nox as Aryez stated. Probably not a big deal for most users if they don't use the GIT version of Nox, I'm reverting back to stable anyway.
The poster problem is fixed for me in the latest XBMC Windows release.
Awesome work on the skin tman12 it really compliments pseudotv and aeon nox very well. I wanted to ask you if there is possibility in the info screen to use the clearlogo of the movie if there is no clearart available sorta of a fallback option.
(2013-05-12, 10:29)Noumenon69 Wrote: Awesome work on the skin tman12 it really compliments pseudotv and aeon nox very well. I wanted to ask you if there is possibility in the info screen to use the clearlogo of the movie if there is no clearart available sorta of a fallback option.

I think I can do this, I will try to look into this tonight. I know there is a fallback option, I'm just not too familiar with using it but I'll see what I can do.
So, not sure if this is the exact right place to ask but - what is the naming convention of the logo for a channel? I couldn't seem to find details on that anywhere.
(2013-05-16, 05:21)Necromancyr Wrote: So, not sure if this is the exact right place to ask but - what is the naming convention of the logo for a channel? I couldn't seem to find details on that anywhere.

Just name the logo the exact name of the channel name and place it in the images folder in the PTV folder. It matches the channel name to the image with the same name.
just one little question: How can I modify the size of the logo channel while your watching any channel?
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9