• 26(current)
WIP PseudoTV Skin
Are you referring to the channel logo on the screen while watching the show/movie? That size is done in PTV iteself, I do remember finding it when going through the python code because I didn't like the position. The problem with changing the python code is that you would have to do it everytime a new version comes out so it's kind of a pain. I'm pretty sure anyway, maybe you can change the size of the actual PNG and it would work. I think I've done that before and it worked.

P.s. What are you using for you're trakt signature? I went under Widgets in trakt and I only saw the small lame one that is currently in my signature. Care to share how you got the nice longer banner?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out by inspecting the source of your signature - I love having that feature! Really weird that my Widgets don't show that view as an option, I wonder what else I'm missing out on?
(2013-05-16, 20:31)Ovokx Wrote: just one little question: How can I modify the size of the logo channel while your watching any channel?

If I understand you right that can be done from the 'script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml', the control image to change is id="103"

example from the confluence skin:

Code:
<control type="image" id="103">
    <description>Channel Bug</description>
    <posx>220r</posx>
    <posy>120r</posy>
    <width>150</width>
    <height>100</height>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <texture></texture>
    <animation effect="fade" start="50" end="50" condition="True">Conditional</animation>
</control>
(2013-05-16, 22:55)tman12 Wrote: P.s. What are you using for you're trakt signature? I went under Widgets in trakt and I only saw the small lame one that is currently in my signature. Care to share how you got the nice longer banner?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out by inspecting the source of your signature - I love having that feature! Really weird that my Widgets don't show that view as an option, I wonder what else I'm missing out on?

It's just an advance feature for the Trakt VIP members Smile

(2013-05-17, 00:41)Steveb Wrote:
(2013-05-16, 20:31)Ovokx Wrote: just one little question: How can I modify the size of the logo channel while your watching any channel?

If I understand you right that can be done from the 'script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml', the control image to change is id="103"

example from the confluence skin:

Code:
<control type="image" id="103">
    <description>Channel Bug</description>
    <posx>220r</posx>
    <posy>120r</posy>
    <width>150</width>
    <height>100</height>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <texture></texture>
    <animation effect="fade" start="50" end="50" condition="True">Conditional</animation>
</control>

Thanks!
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
(2013-03-27, 05:23)thedarkonaut Wrote: Hey Guys,

Here's a look at my latest version. Going to make some adjustments to the EPG this weekend and try and put out another version.

Hey darkonaut,

Any news on releasing this update? I use the skin daily and would love to get the updated version with the cleaner weather icons.
^ Agreed.
Is there a summary page of skins for download somewhere? this thread is a bit long and having trouble finding everyones individual downloads and associated screenshots.
Love the skins in here. Is it possible to update the original post with your latest version and maybe a better guide for newbs like me?
I haven't had a lot of time to get back into this little project, I'm pretty sure the original post has my latest version in it. Do you need help with installing the skin? Please point out what you are having trouble with and I will update it.
I have it working for the most part but haven't been able to get logos on my channels.

1. How can I get custom channel logos? I have a few different channels dedicated to certain things. Example is Concerts so I wouldn't mind a logo that said Concerts or even just the wording so friends/family browsing know.

2. I know you're unfinished and you're making this for yourself but is it possible to have a setup like this for movies and then a different one for television shows?

Any tips are appreciated, this may be a good time for me to learn some programming Smile
Alright - I'm going to try and answer your questions as best I can. For channel logos, did you try downloading the logo pack I linked to in the first post? For custom logos, I think a lot of people are making their own using editing software like GIMP or Photoshop. Simply create one using similar sizing as the ones that already exist. To use these logos you will have to rename the logo to whatever the channel name is, for example I have a channel called HBO and I named the logo HBO.png - place it in the same folder as the other logos or change the directory in the PTV settings to the folder you want. For your setup, you have created your own channels but you haven't renamed the logo you want to use.

For your setup - let's take a look at channel 8. You have the shows Justified, It's Always Sunny, and Sons of Anarchy so lets say this would be FX. Download the logo pack located in the post 1 and you will find a logo for FX. Make sure you name the channel FX and the logo FX and copy the logo to a specified folder. Go to PTV settings (highlight PTV under programs and click C for context menu then settings) you will see an option called Visuals and from there you can change the logo folder to the one you specified.

This wiki will help you if you want to make your own edits, I can help as well along the way if you need specific help. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels

For your Dolphin Swim picture - open TVOverlay.xml in an editor and look for the line that says $INFO[Player.Art(thumb)] and change thumb to poster.

Is the alignment off for you by default or have you tried to make some changes? I'd be willing to make some of the changes for you but I'm not sure if I can get to them this evening or not.
Thanks for the post, I am going to try all the things you said tonight.

I'll let you know how it goes. No rush, we're all busy with jobs and family Smile
Think I found a glitch you may want to look into. Look at the logo I made for channel 44 in the first screenshot. When the icon is in that column it is the normal size.

http://i.imgur.com/IVlQz1v.jpg

Then as I scroll it stretches the icon as so:

http://i.imgur.com/XHqMGUF.jpg

Loving the skin btw, been tinkering with it a bit after work and trying to create icons for my custom channels Smile
It looks like maybe the width is different for that second slot, I will take a look at it this weekend. I'm actually going to work on the skin this weekend, I have been pretty bad at keeping up with this but I finally have some time to work on it and hopefully get some of these things corrected.

One piece of advice I would recommend based on viewing your setup. You should create NFO's for your concerts/UFC/WWE files and then scan them in to your library. That way you would have the correct name and fanart would appear. When I tinker with the skin this weekend I might try to see if I can use local artwork along with scanned artwork to get around that problem, but it is probably best for you to scan the content in with custom NFO's. I think one of the users in this thread created a thread detailing UFC setup.
I never actually looked at the PVR screen that comes with Nox Blush, I don't use live TV in XBMC yet. However, I noticed a user post a screenshot of guide and I think I'm going to incorporate that look into the skin this weekend. I've included a reference below for those of you that have not seen it yet. I will still keep my layout, I'm just going to be borrowing images from Nox itself to give it a more Nox specific look. I've located most of the files that I need so this shouldn't be too hard. Only downside is that my skin will be solely used for Nox - which doesn't bother me because it's all I use. Just wanted to get some feedback, below is a list of this weekends goals.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6MKOiN5...edit?pli=1

Things to do:

Add Nox specific images for EPG

Clean up EPG - artwork sizes, positioning, etc

Review W4rrior's suggested layout for info screen - I like some of his suggestions, I just want to see how it looks first before committing.

Another thing I may look into - I like to use custom RSS feeds (FoxNews, etc) so I may look at adding it to the TV info screen but if most users don't like it I will uncomment it for default (assuming I can do it in the first place)
@ w4rrior - test this out. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2975...verlay.xml

Just overwrite the current TVOverlay.xml file in the default folder. My test machine doesn't have TV shows right now so I couldn't test it to see if my changes worked. Obviously, life got in the way of another weekend for me so I didn't get nearly as much done as I would have liked to. I'm having some difficulty with my original plan of using Nox images so that will have to wait until I have a lot more time.

What I posted is a general layout for you to look at, it's not very clean but it should have some of the things you wanted fixed. Might have more time this evening but not sure.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIP PseudoTV Skin9