HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
You can also use MariaDB 5.5 instead of MySQL 5.5. It's reported to be faster, too. I've been thinking of moving the database from my server to my router, though... 128mb of RAM, have it store the database in an external drive alongside the movies and have that act as both the SMB or NFS server as well as the MySQL server... but I don't know if I want to potentially slow down the router. lol

(2013-03-21, 15:39)jonatan Wrote: Will mysql work with xbmc launcher?

Thanks

Yes, I use it on two media centers that currently run windows and it works fine.

(2013-02-28, 03:26)SandmanCL Wrote: This guide does not cover the synchronization of thumbnails. Currently I am using rsync to make sure the Thumbnails directory is in sync between my XBMC master and my ATV2 clients. This worked perfectly on Eden, but with Frodo I need to additionally sync Textures13.db, but even after doing this I need to restart XBMC on the ATV clients in order for the Thumbnails to show up.

I feel this is a step in the wrong direction and I'm hoping I'm missing some crucial point that would make it easier.

Frodo automatically syncs thumbnails. Just export your library to seperate files, set the MySQL database, import the library, done. Each client will automatically create a local cache of the thumbnails.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by ivanmmj - 2013-03-23, 02:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2