HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2013-07-31, 04:05)Barry D. Wrote:
(2013-07-31, 03:37)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you post another debug log while doing a library update/scan?

I'll have to reload some of the TV series first. Give me 24hrs.

Ned,

After reloading some series to run the test it seemed to work OK.

However, I did find some other issues.

I added 3 movies to the host but they didn't show up under Movies. I did find them in 'Video|Files' and had to get Movie Information before they appeared. I though MySQL would automatically do this...or do I have to export the library every time time I add Movies?

The other issue I probably didn't understand from the wiki concerning the 'advancedsettings.xml' file is that it is only changed (per the wiki) for the remotes and not the host. I had it the same for both and got double entries on my host with one entry showing the local file address (E:\Movies) and the other entry showing the data base address (smb:\\192.168.x.x). If I have to add new movies manually on my remotes I don't see the benefit of using MySQL.

I think I also discovered what is causing the "X-TV Series" entry. I have a series named 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and when it was scraped I discovered the 6 episodes where in "X-TV Series" and not in "Hitchhikers...". I deleted the "X-TV Series" entry (but not the files) and re-scanned "Hitchhikers..." for new content and everything worked fine. Probably never will understand how "X-TV Series" got scraped.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by Barry D. - 2013-08-01, 09:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2