HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2013-10-06, 05:29)aceor44 Wrote: Hi everyone. Hope someone can help me with setting up a shared MySql Db for my xbmc clients.

Setup:
WHS 2012 which contains all the source files, as well as MySQL
2x rasberry PIs with XBMC installed (raspbmc) - not using the nightly builds
an old XBOX with XBMC, although I could care less if this uses a shared db, since it is just used for music, and 'it just works'
plans to expand to another TV and perhaps 1 more

I installed MYSQL on WHS, updated the firewall, and went though the setup without any errors. Also updated my first rpi with a new advancedsettings.xml:
-<advancedsettings>-<videodatabase><type>mysql</type><host>192.168.1.44</host><port>3306</port><user>xbmc</user><pass>xbmc</pass></videodatabase>-<musicdatabase><type>mysql</type><host>192.168.1.44</host><port>3306</port><user>xbmc</user><pass>xbmc</pass></musicdatabase>-<videolibrary><importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate></videolibrary></advancedsettings>

Once finished, I selected the option to update my video db, and it won't do anything.

The strange thing is .... the mymusic32 & myvideos75 databases/tables exist in MySql, so the rpi xbmc instance must be creating them, but not updating them. I thought this might be related to sources, but double checked them, and they are fine. (in fact, I have not changed anything on the rpi's other than a new advancedsettings.xml, and deleting the old video db).

Log file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7eyr7ujo0xhehwi/xbmc.log

Thank you so much in advanced for your help. Been working on this for a few hours, and I'm tired/frustrated.

Looks like permission problems, what version of MySql? Did you run the grant all command? Did you allow network access? Check the bind address in my.conf
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by Dilligaf - 2013-10-06, 06:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2