HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2013-03-03, 20:28)EddieB606 Wrote: When doing this, I lose the TV and Movie buttons on the Home Window. I have to go into Videos>Files>TV.... Is this correct, or did I do something wrong? That's a pain. Using the UPnP settings, I can keep those buttons on my main box and just go through all this on the extra boxes.

If you lose the TV and Movie buttons, it is either because you are pointing to an empty database, OR your settings are incorrect. You can check the xbmc log file to see if it is connecting properly. If it is then you will need at add your media sources, and it will scan them in over some time. If you are trying to add a media source, and it doesn't 'save' then your mysql settings are probably incorrect.

Some things to check:
-Make sure mysql is up and running
-Make sure mysql is listening on 0.0.0.0 and NOT 127.0.0.1
-Make sure the user XBMC is using has enough permissions. (I would suggest a grant all to start out)
-Dont use the NAME field in the advancedsettings.xml as it does cause problems! (This should probably be fixed.... but for now don't use it!)

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by extide - 2013-11-30, 23:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2