HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2015-02-21, 00:28)RamboUnchained Wrote: Why isn't there a video tutorial for this yet? Seems like a 15min video would save a bunch of people trouble and time...

Wow.. while providing your setup file is a good thing.. shooting your fingers off with a statement like that is opening yourself for a flaming..
Youtube is your friend and in fact there is some great videos made for different NAS DB setups.. People just need to find them..

K..going back to Duplicates.. Had trouble with these before as well. and found the quickest way for me to deal with them was to use a DB editor to delete the offending entries out of the DB directly..
then with the Master/Slave principle in mind..
Main HTPC (Master)is setup as the scraper and only ever us it to do this job..
But over time even that has been taking over by third party programs.. Thus its set to only use local info.

Local info : My preferred is Media Center Master and Tiny Media Manager are both my Database\artwork managers for Movies and TVshows (Music is another story)
I find I have got more control over what is happening to what is being populated in to the DB.

Going in to the fresh setup I have just done..
I found that I had to do a quick refresh of the sources and all machines for them to show up thumbs and the correct numbers for everything.. but they are all working fine.. most are on 14.2 now (4x Android machines around the house)..
As to HTPC.. need to spend some time on it as per the posts just been made.. but I am sure it will come around and join the happy little party the others are having..

Messages In This Thread
Re: RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by dgcruzing - 2015-02-21, 07:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2