HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
ok, thanks for that clarification..
Maybe what I need to do is spend some time on this all as its been a while since I have played with it all and as it seemd to be working for say new TVshows and Movies across all devices, we havent had to worry about it..
But after reading this I think I need to go back in and check some of the devices and see the different sizes of the thumbs files so can compare whats actually been going on..

Edit: Thumbs directory sizes.. so people get an idea of what we are talking about..
As an example..
Main HTPC at the moment mine is sitting on about 217mb as its a new install and was running with Path Substitution..

NAS Thumbs shared is sitting on about 4g as its not been cleaned for sometime and has about 3 years of path substitution sitting in it..
Then... its got the separate 800 odd meg of Artist/fanart/Album thumbs that have been generated via various programs..

So yes, low memory sticks and boxs and even tablets, HTPC's with Solid state memory (As mine has only 32g in it and has only 2g left for anything else.. the path substitution is a necessary evil if you want to use Kodi with in a Nas setup and want all the pretty pics to come along with it..

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by dgcruzing - 2015-02-22, 05:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2