HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2015-03-06, 22:23)DruTheFu Wrote: Thanks for the clarification @Dilligaf [thumbs up]

To overcome this, I had to connect via the NFS route by installing haneWIN NFS Server on my Win8.1 machine. I'm a total noob with NFS, but it was my understanding that NFS does not use passwords when connecting, rather some sort of session mount ID to establish connection. With using NFS mounted shares, I've deleted the passwords.xml, and have not seen any negative impact (as of yet). Sorry for this tangent...

Just now noticed that you replied to this. If you do install Kodi to the Window machine then copying sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml from one of the other installs to it will work. The nfs connection will "loopback" and connect to the shares even though they are on the same machine. This "loopback" principle seems the hardest for people to understand as they always want to use the local path to files on the machine which screws everything up
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO synchronize XBMC between every room in the house: Wiki Edition - by Dilligaf - 2015-03-12, 07:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2