HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
Here's what I do...

After you get your database installed, setup Kodi sources to your NAS video/music folders on one machine. All other devices DO NOT setup any sources. If you use an advanced settings file that just points to your database and maybe to a shared favorites.xml file (I put my favorites.xml on the NAS) you can share the advancedsettings.xml file between devices with different OSs. Like an Android TV device and a PC. I can update the library from any device that uses the database and NOT get duplicates. Remember that Gotham, Helix and Isengard all use DIFFERENT names for the database and you can not share between the different versions.

i.e. If you share they must all use Helix.

If you want one device on a different version of Kodi just don't use an advancedsettings.xml file or you'll find you have 2 different databases on the machine running the database.

I use Zotac Zboxes and a couple Android devices all use Kodi Helix. MySQL is setup on one of the Zboxes. That Zbox has sources defined in Kodi and runs MySQL. NO OTHER devices have any sources defined in Kodi.

My Advancedsettings.xml file

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.67</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.67</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>

<pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
    <from>special://profile/favourites.xml</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.1.92/Public/Software/XBMC DATA/favourites.xml</to>
  </substitute>

</pathsubstitution>

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by flhthemi - 2015-05-07, 15:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2