HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2015-12-02, 14:46)Milhouse Wrote: Use whatever MySQL version is available - 5.7.x should work with latest nightles, or stock to 5.6.x if using a release version.

If your library is based on local paths, too bad - dump it and start again from scratch with network paths. You'll waste too much time trying to fix things, and probably never get it right. If you want to backup/restore your watched states the simplest option is (IMHO) the script in my sig.

The intended replacement for MySQL is UPnP, but that's still some way of yet - probably Kodi 18 at the earliest, so MySQL still has some life in it yet.

I'm using 15.2 Release so I guess 5.6.x works OK? The library isn't an issue, it's not huge and shouldn't take too long so i'll rebuild it in MySQL.

Good to hear MySQL has some life yet, just hope moving over to UPnP if that comes next won't be too much of a painful process.

(2015-12-02, 15:54)flhthemi Wrote: If you want 5.5.46 for Windows it can be found here: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file/?id=459073

Down at the bottom left corner of the page click "No thanks, just start my download".

I found 5.5.46 on there but would rather use the most up to date version of MySQL that is completely stable with Kodi. Going by Milhouse' post above, 5.6.x is the current stable version?

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by Rhys15 - 2015-12-02, 16:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2