HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2016-02-27, 21:55)RJTPlomp Wrote: I have been looking for a log, but can't seem to find it. Can you tell me how I can access that? I'll let you know what it says.

I have Little Snitch installed on my MacBook, otherwise no firewalls, everything works on LAN-level. Don't see how my (router)firewall would prevent anything, or do I miss something here? I also believe nothing is really blowing access to MySQL cause database is automatically made by Kodi en all the data is in the tables when I look into them. I even dropped the databases (Music and Video), and they were rebuild on the next rescan of my media-sources.

You mean connecting on IP-adress of MySQL-server? Not sure what you mean here.

UPDATE: SOLVED!

First I figured out where Kodi-logs are stored on OSX. Then started debuglogging by configuring the advancedsettings.xml file.

Next I started looking at the logging in detail. Found out there were ERRORS coming from tables missing in my MYVideos99 database. Started to search the forum for things concerning MyVideos99 and Kodi v16. And found this post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=186325&page=2

It explains that there are issues with mariaDB. It shows which setting to temporarily turn on in MySQL (mariaDB), then let databases be created again (after dropping them first of course): and problem solved on next source-scan!!

So basically my issue was related to QNAP that left MySQL (cause now Oracle?) and turned to mariaDB (my version 5.5.44). But for anyone who stumbles into this: I hope this helps.

@Raytestrak: thanks for putting me on the path of logging.

Regards,

Roland

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by RJTPlomp - 2016-02-27, 23:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2