HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2018-03-26, 14:31)Pico1965 Wrote: Can I store my libraries in db4free.net?

If yes... how?
Accessing this data across the internet may not be a great user experience (depending on where you are - db4free.net seems to be in Austria) but I guess it will work. Request an account and configure it, presumably you'll get an ip address and port.

Note that there are limitations - 200MB data limit (after which your data will be regularly wiped), no guarantee in terms of service availability or data retention etc. In short, it's a testing service, and not intended for "production" use so don't be surprised if it works only some of the time, or your data disappears without warning.

My advice would be a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian (other SBCs are available) running MySQL (or MariaDB) - low power, always on, no data limits or retention issues.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by Milhouse - 2018-03-26, 20:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2