HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2019-01-13, 05:41)Milhouse Wrote: A  new database will be created during the upgrade of your first client.
(2019-01-13, 04:46)Pajoe Wrote: Can someone point me to a simple how-to for upgrading v17- Krypton to v18- Leia when using a shared mysql database?

Upgrade one client, test it, and once you're happy it is working correctly you repeat the upgrade on your remaining clients and they will automatically start using the new database created by your first client.

You upgrade a LibreELEC client by copying the new tar file into the Update share on the device, and rebooting.    

Thank you

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The biggest problem I had was LibreElec latest Leia beta release was using a different database version than Debian & CoreElec, I have downloaded one of your test builds and now the clients with Libreelec are also using RC5 and same database version as Debian/CoreElec. 

I do get errors from mydumper:

Broken table detected, please review: sys.x$schema_table_statistics_with_buffer

However, I ran mysqlcheck several timers on every database and it lists all the databases as "OK"

thanks again

joe

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by Pajoe - 2019-01-18, 18:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2