HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2019-11-10, 22:30)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 21:57)DGenerateKane Wrote: I can't get it to start though. Can somebody walk me through how to create a new one with the correct version of mysql? I'm lost.

Perhaps the old version is still getting in the way, and is running instead.
It's not a good idea to install a newer server instance without stopping/removing the older instance.
Right now it's better to remove both of them and start from scratch with the new(er) MySQL version.

After some searching, I did find this:
cpp:
# To enable MySQL server as a service, add mysql_enable="YES" to the /etc/rc.conf file. This sysrc command will do just that:
sudo sysrc mysql_enable=yes
# Now start the MySQL server:
sudo service mysql-server start

I've never used FreeNAS so I'm not that familiar with its inner workings. 

While I didn't even think about shutting down the jail running the old version of mysql before creating the new one, I think my biggest problem is my version of FreeNAS. I think I need to upgrade it first, apparently there may be issues with compatibility regarding packages. Something I don't plan on doing for awhile, so I may have to wait on the next major version of Kodi if it requires a newer version of mysql.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by DGenerateKane - 2019-11-13, 10:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2